Chapter Seventeen: The Oldest Game

The next location on Squatterbloat's list, was spiral towers that held prisoners of Hell

     The next location on Squatterbloat's list, was spiral towers that held prisoners of Hell. These towers were massive, some were even high as a skyscraper. We walked along the side of the tower, it was just large enough for us to walk upon. Maybe there was an inch or two from the wall, and it went up in a spiral too.

The Squatterbloat grunts as he steps onto a skull laying around, crushing it into pieces. He was in front of me, as Dream and Matthew were behind. I knew that this demon was taking us the wrong way in a sense, or he was taking us the long way around.

"Does this seem like the way to the palace to you?" Matthew's voice came from behind, but I kept on walking, keeping a few inches away from the demon. He reeks of death.

"A demon has a hundred motives for anything he does. All of them malevolent," dream answered Matthew's question with a sort of riddle, I suppose you could call it. "Demon," Dream's voice was strong and demanding, making the demon stop, and I did too. Squatterbloat turned his head over his shoulder to look at Dream. "This is not the way," he was sure, and so was I. The demon just chuckles at him without a word, and turns back around, and begins to walk once again. Which made me walk too.

"Kai'ckul?" After a few steps, a woman's voice pierced the air from behind me, making me stop and turn to see Dream's expression drop in recognition. "Dream Lord?" Her voice sounded broken, and hurting. Dream turns his head slowly to the windows that were made from these thorns. "It is you," she recognised him, and who he was. With a blink of an eye, he transformed himself into another.

"I greet you, Nada," his voice was different, and it was so strange to see him like this. But the fact that her name was Nada, did not go forgotten.

"Kai'ckul... How I have prayed for this day. I knew you would come," Nada spoke with such a loving tone that it was clear as day that she had feelings for Dream.

"It pains me to see you like this," he announces, and all I could do was watch the interaction, though I could not see her.

"Then free me, Lord. Only your forgiveness can free me," she begged him to forgive what she had done whenever it was. "Do you not still love me?" She questioned.

"It has been ten thousand years, Nada," he responded, and they became silent, and I dared not speak or intervene in this affair. "Yes. I do still love you," he spoke after a pause of silence. I think he was just saying it so she could have some comfort, and hold onto the hope of her freedom and his love. "But I have not yet forgiven you," with the words from his lips, he turned his gaze from here, and I could see the glassy substance in his eyes.

In a blink of an eye, he returned back to himself tall, pale, raven hair, self. His eyes met mine, but I was stunned. The King of Dream did have an ex-girlfriend, and it was a total shock. There are things I do not know about Dream, and even getting on his bad-side could land you in a place like Hell.

"Come, Matthew," he states, not looking back as he steps forward. I pushed myself back against the wall, as he came passed.

"Kai'ckul, I will not give up hope... I will never give up," it was a woman who was in love, a desperate woman who would do anything to be freed from this place, and regain forgiveness from Dream. My eyes scanned him as he walked on by, but he just blocked me out, and kept on walking. Love can make you do some crazy shit...