Chapter Nineteen: Love Thy Queen

*Chaos Realm*

*Chaos Realm*

It has been another full year since Matthias confessed his feelings for Lady Chaos. Now known as Calliope. She adapted to the name given to her. A name which had so much meaning behind it. Within that year her feelings for Matthias had grown exponentially, she could even say she loved him.

Her realm had indeed changed in that year, the men she would find from prisoners or the streets, to become soldiers or servants. She allowed them to have a choice, to have free will, and would not kill coldly. Her Kingdom was changing, and to Matthias for the better. The sex was pretty great too...

Calliope was sitting on her throne, doing her duties for the day, but she managed to finish them with ease. She was now relaxing, taking a deep breath as the Kingdom was running smoothly, and less chaotic than before. It was all new to her, and she did not know how to feel about it.

"Milady," a voice soared through the air, bringing the Queen out of her trance. Her eyes focused on Matthias standing in front.

"You gave me a name for a reason," she remarked, but the thought of why that specific name. "Why that name? Why Calliope?" She questioned, arching up her eyebrow to Matthias, but he couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"Well," he began. "Calliope is depicted as very wise, and beautiful. You deserve a name that is fitting," his words melted her once cold heart. "And I always had a thing for poems and writing,"

"Do speak one, for your Queen," a smirk tugged at her lips, wanting to hear one he could make up on the spot. He looked flustered for a moment, before taking a deep breath.

"Love and lust are poles apart. Lust is chaos, love is art," he spoke so softly, staring deep into Calliope's eyes.

"Surely, you did not just make that up?" Calliope responded, giving him an impressed look.

"Of course I did, I had my Muse to look at," he was flirting with her as he offered a boyish grin, and his good charms. Calliope's cheeks tinted red, was she blushing? "Are you blushing?!" Matthias pointed out, stepping up to the throne.

"What?! No!?" She turned her head away from his gaze, but he was now towering over her.

"I like it," his voice deepened, as he brought his hand to her chin, and turned her face ever so slowly back around to stare up at him. "Would thy Queen do me the honour of a kiss?" He spoke, but it made her knees quiver, and she wasn't even standing.

"Yes," she whispered seductively, as Matthias grinned. He leans forward, never letting his fingers leave her chin. His lips were placed upon hers, and they kissed. It was slowly, heated, full of that burning passion.

Suddenly, Calliope groans in pain, as a sharp stabbing radiates from her abdomen. The kiss was broken and Matthias looked back in worry, and fright.

"Calliope, are you ok?" He rushed out, checking over her, but her eyes were shut tight, and an hurting expression was clear. She lets out a yelp, as another intense pain shoots through her. "What is wrong!" He pulls back further allowing her room to stand, but all she could do was hunch over in pain and fall forward. Luckily, Matthias caught her in his grasp and gently placed her down on solid ground. Just in front of her throne. "Calliope!" He was shook to the core, it was the first time he ever saw her in pain, and hurting.