Chapter 5

"Mother, I'm hungry."

A ragged child carefully pulled her hem and pulled Lin Qing He, who was familiar with this phrase, from her daze.

Lin Qing He looked at the child, who was as thin as a little monkey, with complex eyes, and fell into the silence again.

She didn't expect that she would transmigrate like this, and what's more transmigrate into a novel she had read before.

It was after she had received the memory of the original body owner that she reacted.

Because the deepest impression she got this novel was the three villains in the story, Zhou Kai, Zhou Xuan, and Zhou Gui Lai.

These three are brothers, the eldest Zhou Kai, the second Zhou Xuan, the third Zhou Gui Lai.

This (the boys' names) inferred wish for their father, who is on the front line of the organizational unit (T/N: the army?), to be able to return triumphantly early.

But the name didn't have any use, their father didn't return triumphantly but instead retired halfway.

This was a fatal blow to the family.

The mother of these three villains a.k.a the original owner who was one of the village flower (prettiest girl), only married the villains' father cause she got her own objective. She wanted to be an official wife one day.

From a young age, she dreamed of flying up a branch and turn into a phoenix.

For this purpose, the original owner resolutely married the villains' father and toward the villains' father, who wasn't at home all year round, even if he goes home he had to leave before the seat gets warmed and what's more never say words of love, she tolerated with the little patience she had.

But it was also limited to tolerance. Don't think about getting any warmth and tenderness from her.

As a village flower, the original owner got a proud heart as she was beautiful from young to big. Only others can coax her. How can she be humbled and be good-naturedly with others?

However, because the villains' father sent money back every month punctually, the original owner would pretend to be polite and compliant with him, even when she hadn't taken a liking to him. That's why they got three sons.

However, this situation remained until the villain's father retired.

The villains' father retired due to injury.

But no matter what the reason was, the original body owner's dream of becoming an official wife was broken and in the following month, there wasn't any stable allowance of a dozen yuans. On top of that, the villains' father wasn't thoughtful and don't know how to say pleasant and comforting words. Let alone words of love.

How could the original owner, who had taken a blow, endure such a life?

Under the same roof, the original owner's grievances became deeper and deeper, and her temper became more and more irritable. When she was in a bad mood, she would readily treat the three sons with hits, scolding, and punishment of starvation.

Although the three sons weren't so decent after growing up in this environment of domestic violence but also weren't super bad.

The real trigger was the original body a.k.a. the lowest rank/18-line female cannon fodder, at the age of 31, also the time of 1977 college entrance examination restoration, ran away with the educated urban youth (a special term during the Cultural Revolution) who passed college exam and was going to return to the city!

Having said that, got to talk about the appearance of the original owner even if she was an 18-line female cannon fodder that was only mentioned in a few sentences under the author's pen.