Chapter 120

When Zhou Qing Bai returned from work in the evening, he saw his wife's eyes were completely red.

Only when he asked, did he know she was making chili sauce.

This made Zhou Qing Bai, the big man feel touched and distressed.

"Why are you looking at me like this? It's just these two or three days of hard work. And I like chili sauce." Lin Qing He remarked.

Then she got the children to wash their hands and prepare to eat.

Because the autumn harvest has begun, Lin Qing He's cooking was aligned with nourishing Zhou Qing Bai.

Tonight was a scrambled egg with cucumber, a minced pork with beans, and a steamed taro with pork ribs. The soup was shrimp skin and seaweed soup.

The main was cornmeal mantou. (T/N: I don't think I ever touch on this. In Chinese culture, carbohydrates were seen as a main dish like rice or noodle or something made from flour (like dumplings, mantou). In Ireland, boiled/fried rice and noodles are like sides here and the meaty dishes are the main. I assume it's the same in American or European side of the world. Not sure about the rest.

After Lin Qing He finished eating, she continued to make her homemade chili sauce. The bowls and chopsticks were left for Da Wa to clean up.

Zhou Qing Bai wanted to help but was sent away by Lin Qing He: "Take advantage while it's still early and go back to grab some loach and ricefield eel."

She had cleaned all the pigsty and chickenpens and also fed them.

When it was summer harvest or autumn harvest, she will handle these works. If Zhou Qing Bai was idle and didn't want to rest, then he can go catch some wild meat.

If he can get some, it will be added to a meal the next day.

Zhou Qing Bai went to catch loach and eel. He headed out at half past six and didn't come back until after seven. At this time, daylight hadn't ended that quick. So it wasn't too dark, but it did start to get dark.

He didn't capture that many, only seven or eight loach. As for eels, none.

"Raise in water first. Once more is accumulated and it'll be cooked together." Lin Qing He said after a quick scan. Then directed him to take a shower and prepare for sleep.

Lin Qing He had finished today's chili sauce and was about to put it into a clean jar.

Chili sauce was very easy to make. Mince the chili, mince the garlic, and then add the appropriate salt. Stir these three things well and it's chili sauce.

More garlic should be chopped up.

As long as it is fermented in the jar for half a month, it truly became chili sauce.

Lin Qing He was confident in her culinary skill. One jar was definitely not enough for the whole family to consume, so this time she brought back a lot of peppers and planned to make a few jars to keep and use slowly.

Lin Qing He continued to make chili sauce the next day.

At noon, when she came to deliver food to Zhou Qing Bai and her three sons, her eyes were red again.

"No need to make so much." Zhou Qing Bai urged.

"It's fine." Lin Qing He didn't mind.

Da Wa, Er Wa, and San Wa were obviously very starving. They knew that their mother was like this due to making chili sauce, so they only worried about eating.

For lunch, Lin Qing He made some simple spring pancakes and a shrimp skin soup.

The spring pancakes had two meat filling, egg, and diced meat. There was more veg, like tomatoes, cucumbers, and greens.