Chapter 49

Initially, Mother Zhou was still a bit worried. But after these days, her heart settled down. It seems that Fourth's wife had accepted Fourth's retirement.

So she listened to Father Zhou and decide not to govern too much.

After drinking the sweet and nourishing ginger, date and brown sugar soup, Mother Zhou washed the bowls and the insulated lunch box and then returned the insulated over.

She found the mother and sons engaged in making sticky bean paste buns.

Mother Zhou asked, "Where's old Fourth?"

"He went to the county city." Lin Qing He replied.

"Why go to the county city?" Mother Zhou was taken aback.

"Had him go buy some cloth. He doesn't have many clothes. Later on, I have to borrow the sewing machine from the house and make him two sets." Lin Qing He answered with reluctance.

Hearing this, Mother Zhou said nothing.

"When will Xiaogu get her holiday and come back?" Lin Qing He asked casually.

It was impossible to say that the original owner had no friends in the village. She had a very good relationship with Zhou Xiao Mei, the younger sister of Zhou Qing Bai. The two had similar temperaments. They especially love to be smug and vanity.

The difference was that the original owner relied on the husband, Zhou Qing Bai, while Zhou Xiao Mei relied on herself. She was a worker in the food factory over at the county city, which was particularly decent.

But her temperament was too spoiled and had compatible offensiveness with the original owner.

Why? The original owner was pretty. Her speech was more superior, which got a flair of city folks. According to Zhou Xiao Mei's words, it was probably only Fourth Sister-in-law who was worth to show-off out of the whole family.

The other three weren't good enough.

Most importantly, was that when Zhou Xiao Mei went to apply for this job, the original owner bought two tins with a wave of her sleeve. She told her to secretly give it to her director.

With this, she got the job and deepened Zhou Xiao Mei's relationship with the original owner. She often stood up for the original owner, saying that a beauty like original owner, a beauty, stayed home like a widow for her Fourth Brother. Her Fourth Brother must have accumulated eight lifetime worth of good fortune.

Mother Zhou was so close to breaking her lackey legs when she heard this.

But these words entered the original owner's heart. The sister-in-law duo was like two snake-rats were in a nest. Their relationship was close-knitted.

Zhou Xiao Mei was Mother Zhou's youngest daughter, but her status was far inferior to Zhou Qing Bai. There was basically no doubt about this.

What's more, she wasn't the only girl in the family. Before Zhou Qing Mu, the eldest brother, was two elder sisters. This meant, Father Zhou and Mother Zhou have a total of four sons and three daughters. Whether it was a daughter or a son, neither was rare.

The most doted one was still the youngest son Zhou Qingbai, who was also the most outstanding one. The rest can sit on the side.

Mother Zhou responded: "Last time, I entrusted someone to bring words back. Said that she would come back next month. I don't know when she'll plan to marry. The sooner she does, the sooner she can marry off."

Truthfully, she was a little annoyed by this youngest daughter. Her monthly salary was 16 yuan, but she was only able to send home 3 yuan. The rest 13 yuan was wasted by her.