The Family Ties That Bind - London (1-13-2016)

In Richard's automobile, Grendel set with his head on his knees and his legs tucked toward his chest. "What's the issue, fucking criste?" picking at the around his nail. Aware of but ignoring Richard's sidelong glance. There are equally awful as Fabien. He threw his hands to the side in anger. "Since when does he even bother to turn people? gods, we don't need any more Fabin's lackeys looming around.

"Stop doing that," Richard said in a -uff as he started his car.

Grendel gave him a confused, sidelong glance. "I believed you shared my hatred for Fabin."

"I didn't mean that. I mean." stopping as though it would be worthwhile to debate the point. "Don't misuse the name of God." He spoke swiftly without turning to face the other.

"Oh, okay." Grendel nearly felt bad. But Richard moved past it before he reacted.

"And to respond to your inquiries? As you may say in the roaring twenties, Fabien had made the two of them lackeys, as you would put it. I might have played a minor role in that."

He was relieved that he hadn't inadvertently begun a religious debit. Not for the first time, though. The two of them have radically different perspectives on the situation. Grendel, who still believed in the gods of early Egypt, and Ricard, who found sanctuary in the idea of the catholic gods. He needed a few seconds to process what Richard was saying. "Why, exactly? How did you manage to get Fabin to turn someone else?"

As you can see, He quickly continued. "You probably inferred that we are attempting to establish roots in America from what we mentioned there. This certainly wasn't the first instance. Early in the 20th century, we attempted. Fabien and I were both over there. He met a few people in two years in an effort to outsmart me." Richard seemed uncharacteristically saddened by this. "Was almost the end of him. If only I had more insight."

The thought of this was terrifying. People turning has always been a drawn-out process. Turning over one or two people within a few years of each other was never a wise idea. In actuality, it was risky and harmful to convert over one person every ten years. One hundred years later, he felt confident that Fabin would still experience the effects of turning that many so close to one another. And he twisted himself over after biting off more than he could chew?

Richard hurried while yet reserving something. Grendel could not discern what it was. If I just." He paused yet again. His mouth would not let the words out. "I suppose our tendency toward connotation won out for both of us. But I believe I won, considering Molly is still around."

Grendel was now the one who was unable to speak. The worst scenarios ran through his head. However, nothing in his mind could have prepared him for what Richard would say. "She nearly abandoned me." He suddenly exhaled, but it took him a few more seconds to press the words. It was far worse than he had imagined.

Oh, please don't look at me in that way. When Richard noticed Grendel staring at him, he finally spoke. "We are fine now. I'm better at, um, trying to maintain work, home balance." He answered dismissively, meaning he hadn't, really. But it was a lie he was fine with telling himself.

Grendel responded, "Good," while hunching over the window and sounding dejected.

"Oh, stop that. I explained. Everything is wonderful."

"No, that isn't it." For the first time since he had awakened, Grendel appeared to be genuinely bothered by something. He appeared to be brooding. "I'm not sure if he's alright. Normally, I can scene him. Even if we are on opposite sides of the world. But he appears to have evaporated."

Richard refrained from searching while his fury gradually increased." Why can't you feel him?" he asks. "You claimed to have." He was already on the verge of breaking due to his lack of control. However, following the stick he just made. If Grendel turned out to be mistaken, his ass would be on the line. "Explain yourself"