The Call to Action - ??? ??? ???

The vast cylinder of a room stretched out forever. The black marble with white veins kept going up and up till the ceiling disappeared. Twenty feet above the glittering floor was a string of seven large circular holes with an intricate pattern. Each held a chair of sumptuous, colourful cloth that was used to line each and every decorative chair. (dark blue, red, yellow, light blue, orange, green, and violet)

Deities of enormous stature peered down at the glittering floor from above their banner. They were humanoid in shape, but nothing more. The closest one that resembled a human, Omari, had limbs that were longer than what was normal. He sat in the violet chair. His neck was outstretched so long that it gave the impression the head would topple over at any moment. Despite how tall and pristine his posture was. His skin was black as tar, and purple vibrant veins pulsed along his body. His cheeks were rubbed against a fur collar around his neck.

The one in the green chair, Akila, resembled a dog with floppy ears, a snake tongue and neck.

The one in the orange chair, Masika, had the nose of the swine and eyes of a fly with vibrantly colourful translucent wings.

The light blue chair remained empty.

Where the yellow, Sadiki, had the shortest of the group, his body covered in hair, a mix between a mouse and a fox.

The Red chair, Dalila, held the fiercest looking of them all. Her jaw resembled that of a dragon, with a large horn upon her forehead.

In the dark blue chair, Gyasi, sat one with a face of a goat and one hand that of a scorpion.

They all wore some iteration of the custom Kalasiris they would have worn when they were humans and living on the Earth realm around 5000 BC.. Thin white clothing that would have been ideal in the weather of Egypt ordained with good and blue jewellery that would have been custom at the time.

Their entire attention was focused on a man in the center of the room. It had been years since they show him. And despite all the earthly changes he made to his appearance. He always appeared in this realm as he did when he was human. Down to the clothes and black wig he once wore.

***

Grendel was sprawled on the ice floor. It was almost calming. It was exhausting for him to go through various realms. His body was aching and felt as though it had been put through the wringer. He would pause for a few moments to collect his thoughts. Feeling the gaze of the elder Kaw-Sekhmu on him. They'd have to wait until he was ready to speak with them.

A moment later, he leapt up with a false smile on his face. "So? What the fuck am I doing here?" As he said this, he threw the wig he was wearing off to the side. He didn't trust any of them. When he last saw them was a mystery; he couldn't recall. But it had never ended well for him where they were concerned. They may have worn the same clothes they did as humans. But everything else about them had changed. A physical sign they had lost touch with what they once were.

"Grendel, our old friend," Omari said, his voice deep and rumbling. He craned his neck to get a better look at Grendel. The veins that throbbed along his torso, changed colour from dull to vivid purple with each breath he took. "We've invited you here because we have a proposition for you."

Grendel arched a brow, his false smile failing. "Is it a proposal? I believe the last time you made a proposal to me, I told you to shove it."

Of course, this was the point at which they all concluded that managing the world had become too difficult. None of them liked him because of his human position, and he didn't appreciate how they sought to rule as Kaw-Sekhmu. So there was no debate when Grendel stated he was remaining on Earth. And he didn't care what they wanted from him right now.