(8-03-2018) - Salvete De Saltu (8-03-2018)

Grendel laughed as he reached past Amy as poured himself another drink. "There's a reason some call Zeus." Ma'at was correct in her assessment of him. He had a lovely grin and was a horrible flirt. That was excellent. This made it easy for her to complete her tasks.

Because of this, she pretended to be interested. That's why she chose to sit next to him instead of Justin. This is why she laughed at his jokes. And why she used each opportunity to lightly brush his hand. "What? You go about like a duck and impregnate everyone?" she questioned, giggling.

He hesitated for a second, the glass still hanging over his mouth, his gaze fixed on her. Only then did she notice that the wine Milo had ordered for the two of them was thicker than the bottle she and Justin had shared. In terms of consistency, it was to thin to be blood. But more like a mix of the two.

Finally, he took a drink. "I'm not sure about it. Ducks are made differently down there." Looking down at his crotch and then back to her. "Unless you're admitting to one of your kinks." He winked at her quickly with a smirk.

Milo elongated his name, "Greeendel," in a deep, relaxed tone. He had to restrain him before, so this was nothing new. Grendel put up no resistance as he dropped the cup gently.

His gaze moved slowly from Milo to Justin. "Joking. I'm not trying to steal your girlfriend, I swear.

She witnessed Justin's clenched jaw. She knew he had been suffering. And pretending to flirt with Grendel couldn't have been easy. However, they both acknowledged that this was their best option. As for Justin, he said calmly, "I'm not scared," despite his pent-up frustration. "I have a more in-depth familiarity with Amy. She's got better taste in men.

A frown formed on Grendel's forehead as his smile vanished. They were engaged in an intense, testosterone-fueled stare-down. At that point, she saw that neither Grendel's nor Milo's plates had been touched in quite some time. "So where do you guys get your blood? Is it donated, or are there other ways?"Amy questioned hastily. Hoping to break the tension in the room.

"We feed directly from the source. Draining are victims entirely." The next instant, everyone's attention was focused on Milo. What he said stunned her beyond belief. Amy already knew the truth since Ma'at had revealed it to her. Yet she was doubtful that he would come straight out and say it.

There was a small movement at the corner of his mouth as he slapped a bottle down on the table. All sorts of red jell capsules were stuffed within. "It's a replacement for blood. Produced in a controlled laboratory environment. They have all the nutrients one needs to live."

Amy sensed there was no conviction in his comments, and Justin's expression bore this out. "What do you mean?" In a fit of anger, Justin pounded his fist on the table. "Why didn't you inform me about them? I ask, and you did answer." He hovered over Milo, his chair shoved out from under him.

"Calm down," Milo muttered as he turned to face Justin. "You should sit down and not make a fuss." Justin sat down as he spoke. "I already told you. You wouldn't have to be concerned about any of this until a year after being converted."

Justin shuffled in his seat as if he didn't want to be sitting but couldn't help but listen to Milo. "You're right. I'm sorry."

When Amy saw this, she was overwhelmed by fear. Over the past few months, she had noticed that Justin had changed. Now he was furious and violent most of the time. Even so, he refrained from speaking out loudly against Milo.

She suddenly didn't give a damn about the original purpose of their visit. The situation demanded that she raise her voice. "So tell me why you turned Justin?" She locked eyes with Milo for several seconds. She needed Milo to know she wouldn't back down. She confidently confronted Richard. To him, she could do the same.