Moving Forward - Justin's Apartment(8-04-2018)

"What the hell was that about?" Amy asked after what felt like hours of silence. sitting up in bed, the blanket being the only thing that covered her. "You know what Ma'at said. He was a slut, and if I just let him flirt with me, We could get anything out of him."

Justin didn't move. "I know. But I don't know. It almost seemed like you were not just playing along. Amy, I've seen him... He's a monster."

Amy reached for the blue stone she had taken from Grendel's pocket when he gave her a hug at the restaurant. "I wonder what it is."

"It's what he used to do." Justin shook his head as he remembered that night."He did something with it and the dead body." The person he killed disappeared. The death still bothered Justin. but not as much as the thought of how good the blood smelled. He couldn't say that to Amy when he was still having problems expressing the idea. She couldn't know that he had been dreaming of riping into someone's flesh and draining them.

Justin pulled her onto his chest. as long as he had her. He would know which way to go. She was his rock.

"I know he's a monster, Justin," Amy said softly. "But you know why we have to do this. This is the only way to help you."

Justin sighed. He understood what she meant, but he couldn't let go of the fear that Grendel would hurt her. "I know. But we have to be careful. We can't let ourselves get too close to him. It's not safe."

"I know," Amy said, resting her head on his chest. "I wonder if there is any part of him that is good or if it's all an act."

Justin knew the answer to that. He had seen what he was capable of and he didn't like it. But he couldn't tell Amy that. It wasn't that he didn't want to. But every time he tried to the words got stuck in his throat. It was a sick joke and he couldn't do anything about it.

"I just wish there was a way to help him. To make him see that there's a better way to live. Maybe we could see if the priest can help Milo too?"

"I know, you only want to help," Justin said, kissing her forehead. "But for now, we have to focus on keeping ourselves safe. We'll figure out the rest later."