The Cheater

Amrik prepared all things and booked a car for his trip, though it was a solo trip, but he didn’t go alone for his safety and if any problem then he could easily move back. His bags were too heavy to bring to the car for him. The car driver helped him to bring them. Amrik bade his parents goodbye while closing the door of the car. 

The car started running. Amrik looked out of the window. Every single thing as the house, trees, and the lampposts were being passed so quickly as they gave their best effort to catch the car but failed. They all had to be part of the competition but there was no competition between Amrik and them. He was a living creature, he had legs to move, hands to do work, mouth to eat, to talk, and most important brain and heart to feel everything but they hadn’t. 

It was evening then. The car allowed Amrik to intake the immense beauty of the sunset. The car driver, slowing down the car, helped Amrik to capture these moments in the lens. Amrik had many reels and full charge in his camera, he also had a power bank for charging. He clicked pictures and showed them to the driver. The driver saw and he really liked the pictures. While having the car journey, Amrik asked the driver to tell something about himself. The car driver named Rudra said with a little smile,

“What do you want to know?”

“About your life, your family and all these things. I don’t want to bother you, so if you don’t want to tell, you haven’t need to,” Amrik said.

“No no, why don’t I tell you? Of course.”

Then he started his story.

“I was brought up by my uncle aunt in the city because of My parents’ early death in my childhood.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s nothing for you to sorry. It was my fate. My uncle aunt never wanted me, but for the huge property of my late father, they kept me with them. I was there as an extra load in their family, I understood it. So, after completing my education I started car driving. It was my late father’s, so my uncle and aunt couldn’t get it though they took my all properties. I didn’t leave a little bank balance and the car, as they were my only hope to survive. I got separated from them and started living in a flat for a rent. I don’t ever contact with my uncle and aunt in the past two years.”

The driver took a deep breath. He said, “I used to get pain after recalling my past but now I’m okay with it. I don’t feel any grief.”

Amrik was a little sorry for him. Many people had many problems in their life. Some had to struggle for survive, some for their own property. And before it, he thought that his relationship problem was the biggest problem of the earth.

“Can I ask you a question, if you wouldn’t mind?” Amrik said.

“Yeah, sure.”

“Are you single?”

The question didn’t leave the driver in any awkwardness. He said,

“First you say.”

“Well, actually I’m not. I’ve a boyfriend, his name is Tushar.”

“What? It means you are..”

“Yes, I’m gay, have you any problem with it?”

“No, not really.”

This type of question was usually asked after knowing His relationship. People of the society still couldn’t accept the thing. So, sometimes, Amrik got angry for this.

“Actually,” the driver continued, “I’ve also a boyfriend.”

“What?” 

Amrik was really surprised. He didn’t imagine that the driver, a muscled, charming, hot guy, was like him.