New Story Begins

Amrik drove to Niwan’s home and while going to there, they were talking about Kailash.

“Really how pathetic this is,” Niwan said, “This high school life is literally very difficult, you know. You can’t express your feelings, if you do, then it will be a new topic to make fun; as I have done with you before.”

“Please don’t remind me all the things, I want to forget them as my past. I have already forgiven you for that.”

“But I can’t forgive myself till now,” Niwan said, “You are pure and kind hearted, you did this; but people like me in high school hide their orientations and feelings by making fun of them who already expressed it publicly. The people like me insist the innocent boys like Kailash and push him on the wrong path.”

“Please don’t blame yourself, Niwan. You are changed now. You changed your mind after having the realisation of your fault. You regretted for that; you came to me to apologise. Everything is not in our hands Niwan, it just happens and you can’t deny it.”

Amrik stopped the car near Niwan’s home and said,

“Look, we came to your home.”

“First you will get off, I will park the car. I remembered the last time when I told you to stay here and you agreed; and then you ran away with your car after dropping me. But this time it will not happen,” Niwan said.

Amrik laughed and went off the car. Niwan took the keys from him and parked the car. At the time, Amrik went to Niwan’s house and knocked the door. Niwan’s mother opened it.

“Oh, Amrik. Please come inside,” His mother said.

Niwan was entering into the house just after Amrik. He said,

“Amrik will stay with us today.”

“Oh, that’s great,” Niwan’s mother said, “I am getting dinner for you.”

Amrik went upstairs and rushed to Niwan’s room. Niwan’s mother couldn’t understand what happened with Amrik, why he rushed into Niwan’s room. She said, “Why Amrik is behaving like that?”

“Actually mom,” Niwan said, “His phone is in low battery and he didn’t inform his parents that he will stay here today. So, he went to my room to give his phone for charging.”

“You should tell them about him, after all, his parents’ numbers are also in your phone,” she said.

“Oh, yeah. Why didn’t this idea come to my brain before?” Niwan said.

“Oh, please. Don’t blame your brain for all of these, you know that it’s useless.”

Niwan went to the room as he knew his mother’s roasting. His mother said to herself,

“Okay, now what should I cook? I should check what is in the kitchen.”

She went to the kitchen and started checking what she would cook for dinner.

Niwan had already informed Amrik’s parents that Amrik would stay in his house that day. But he didn’t tell Amrik. He would love to see the tensed face of Amrik. Amrik was rubbing his nails as he thought his parents were trying to call him but for low battery, they wouldn’t be able. They were also being anxious about him, he thought.

Niwan slowly went to him and said,

“What happened?”

“You don’t know? I still didn’t inform my parents about me. Oh, I have an idea. Would you please call my parents and tell them that I’m here?”

Niwan took his face to Amrik’s ears and gently said, “I have already informed them.”

“And you didn’t tell me?” Amrik got angry, “You know how much I was getting tensed?”