Confusion

After the death of Tushar, Amrik left the college and took admission in the nearby college as a distance learner. He always blamed himself as the cause of Tushar’s death. Anuj and Rudra tried to get rid of it for many times but they failed. Amrik didn’t get out of his room for long time. Most of his time passed by looking at the happiest moments with Tushar in his camera. 

One day Anuj and Rudra both came there. Amrik’s parents told them to sit on the dinning table as Amrik was coming. Amrik came out of his room and saw them, but he had no reaction on his face. He sat there, not giving much interest in Anuj and Rudra’s words.

“Here’s some cookies,” Amrik’s mother said to them after keeping the plate of cookies on the table.

“It almost passed one year, Amrik,” Rudra said, “Please now come out of it. You didn’t insist Tushar to do suicide, why are you blaming yourself for that?

Amrik had not much words to say. He said,

“If I picked up his phone that day, he might not be there where he is now.

“But it’s not your fault,” Anuj said to Amrik while keeping his hand to Amrik’s hand, “You didn’t even know that he was going through it. You broke up with us we’ve no problem with that, but we want you to live a better life. You have to move on, life is not waiting for you, it is going, my friend. You’re hampering both of your health and currier. Please try to understand, Amrik.

Both of them tried their best to get Amrik out of the trauma, but their all efforts seemed useless as Amrik had no change in his mental health.

Amrik’s condition was getting worse. His poor mental health was making his parents worried. Anuj and Rudra decided to take him to a psychiatrist for counselling. They told Amrik’s parents about it. Amrik’s parents, who were to do everything to get their Amrik back from the situation, agreed with them.

There was a clinic of Dr. Alisha Parekh, a well-known psychiatrist, near their town. Amrik’s parents took Amrik to there with the help of Rudra and Anuj. Dr. Alisha examined Amrik and suggested his parents for counselling sessions. Amrik’s parents signed on the contract given by the doctor and agreed with that.

Dr. Alisha took some sessions of Amrik. She had to work very hard to get him out of the situation. Amrik’s condition was really improving. Alisha got much familiar with Amrik rather than her other patients. She started liking him. She thought if Amrik was not gay, she must have him as her boyfriend.

On the day of Amrik’s last session, Alisha said.

“How’re you feeling now, Amrik?

“Better,” Amrik replied.

“Okay, can I ask you a question, though it’s very personal?

“Sure, why not?

“You already told that you have interest in boys, but have you never felt any attraction in girls?

“Well, I really didn’t look at girls for a long, so I didn’t feel anything.

“Oh! So, after this counselling session, we will never meet again, I hope so. But wouldn’t you mind, can we go for a date?

Alisha was very straight forward girl. She didn’t have the attitude to go round and round, she knew that there were only be two options, either Amrik would agree or he would deny.

“Well, I’ve no interest in girls, you know, so it has no need to bore you.”

“But you should try for one time,” Alisha said, "You should never reach to end without trying it."