Party Begins

Kailash went near the table and sat on the chair. He took the bottle of water and drank fast. His eyes were holding his tears but he didn’t cry out as his heart was still saying,  “You have done the right thing. You have left everything behind you, now please, don’t push yourself again in the dark.”

Anand’s mother came to him and stopped there. Kailash looked back and said, “Promise me that you will not say anything to Anand. I know, he will try to patch up with my parents, but I don’t do that as I don’t want to do it.”

“I’ve already assured you about that. No worry, but you should talk to your parents once. Maybe they…”

Kailash stood up and said, “I don’t want to talk about it again. Please don’t take their names in front of me.”

Kailash went to the kitchen to prepare some desserts for the party. Anand’s mother sat on the chair. She thought that it was not good for Kailash to keep such a dirt in his heart for his parents. She knew that they were not right at that time, and it often happened with the people to adjust with the difficult situation. She also knew that Kailash’s coming in their house was at midnight; it meaned that he couldn’t bear up more so that he left everything. But it seemed that they realised their mistakes. She was not sure about it.

Knock knock…

“Oh, someone is at the door,” Kailash said and was about to wash his hands to open the door.

“Let me, Kailash,” she went there and opened the door.

“Oh, what a surprise!” Kailash said and got overjoyed, “come inside Amrik, come Niwan.”

They entered in the house and sat on the nearby sofa.

“Actually, we postponed our meetings and we decided to do pending works tomorrow. There was a very little work for tomorrow, as we finished almost today,” Niwan said.

“He insisted me mainly to come here,” Amrik said, “when I told him about the party, he said that we should go to attend a success party of someone. He invited us with so much hope that we’ll come, we shouldn’t disappoint him.”

Both of them looked here and there as they were looking for someone.

“Where’s Anand?” Niwan said.

“He said that he would be late for a while,” Anand’s mother said.

After some time, Ankita came there followed by Suresh. Kailash and Ankita hugged each other. While the conversation, Kailash came to know that Ankita’s family accepted their relationship and invited them to have a dinner in her house.

“But how is it possible?” Kailash said, “Your parents were against the marriage from the first, so how does the sudden change occur?”

“Actually,” Ankita said, “After a few months, they realised their fault. They came to Suresh’s house and said that they wanted to talk to me. I denied to speak a single word with them, as I had to face a lot of problems because of them. But after some time, I came near them when they were standing in front of Suresh’s father and crying. After all, they are my mom and dad. How many times could I have the fire in my mind? I had to forgive them someday, so that I came to them and they apologised to me. I stopped them as I couldn’t see them crying anymore. They had breakfast in our home and invited me and Suresh for dinner. We went there and everything got normalised.”

Kailash and Anand’s mother looked at each other after hearing Ankita’s words. Anand’s mother was to say something to Kailash but Kailash stood up and said, “I have prepared more snacks for you all. Wait, I’m bringing them here.”