A Couple of Three

Amrik said to his parents clearly about his break up with Tushar. His mother was willing it so she showed her external sorrow, hiding her inner joy. His father was a little upset as he really liked Tushar very much. But he didn’t say anything to Amrik because he was selected in the top college of their state, which was located in the big city; far from the town. He reported to the college with his parents. But he didn’t set a mess to shift there.

After a few days, He called Rudra.

“Hello, Rudra?"

“No, I’m Anuj, Rudra is in the kitchen.

Amrik was in a little shock because he didn’t expect that. He said,

“H... Hello Anuj, I was actually...

There was a little laugh from another side of the phone,

“You don’t need to panic, okay? Rudra told me everything. I understand, I’m very sorry for you, I know this is a very harsh time for you, don’t worry. Everything will be fine.

“Who’s on the phone, Anuj?” Rudra said to Anuj very loudly as he was in the kitchen.

“It’s Amrik, Rudra. Come here.

“Oh, Amrik,” Rudra Came fast to Anuj after clearing his hands with the towel

“Wait, I’m giving it on speaker,” Anuj said.

Amrik could not decide what he should speak now. He really felt a little bit of awkward. But he kicked out all thoughts at a moment and said

“Hey, Rudra, how’re you?

“I’m fine. Long-time no phone calls, ha. Are you alright?

“Yeah, I’m okay. Listen, I need a help from you, can you please do a favour on me?

“Sure, why not? I will definitely if I can.

“Actually, I have got admission in the St. Xenov College, which is in your city.

“Wow, congratulations,” both of them said.

“Thanks, but I didn’t book any mess for living there. Can you help me to find out?

“Hey, Amrik, listen,” Anuj said. “You need not worry about that. We both were thinking to call you for live with us. We were about to tell you about that since very long time. Listen Amrik, if you like Rudra, I have no problem with that. We still can manage that by being a thropple. Do you stay with us as a part of both of our lives?

Amrik didn’t know how he should react. He wasn’t speaking anything for a while. After some time, Rudra said.

“Okay, I understand you have to think about it. You know I can’t leave Anuj, but I also like you so much. Anuj saw your picture, he started liking you after learning about you and your past. I’m cutting the call; you think and tell me soon about your decision.

Amrik took no time to think. He accepted their proposal.

At night, while having dinner, Amrik told his parents about his decision. His parents both agreed with him; as they only wanted to let their son be happy. Amrik started packing bags and doing some shopping to shift in a new place.

On the day of his departure, Rudra and Anuj both came with the car to pick him up. Amrik didn’t have to do anything as Rudra and Anuj both loaded all his luggage in the car. Amrik hugged his parents and bade goodbye to them.

After a journey of two hours, finally they reached their destination. Amrik got a warm welcome by Rudra and Anuj. They three shared the rent and life of them continued in the same rhythm. In the morning, both of the three went to their works. Rudra used to go for drive, while Anuj for the call centre and Amrik for college. All of them, returned home in the evening and did their household works. This life recovered Amrik to get rid of his break-up depression.