A Fresh Start

On the next morning, Kailash got awake first. He found himself in the arms of Anand. He closed his eyes again and went deeper. Anand pulled Kailash towards him and hugged him more tightly. Kailash understood that Anand got awake. He didn’t open his eyes as he was pretending to sleep. Anand slightly opened his eyes and said to Kailash, “Good morning.”

Kailash was still closing his eyes, with a little smile on the corner of his lips. Suddenly he felt touch of Anand’s lips on his closed eyes. His forehead was getting the same touch. When he finally opened his eyes, he felt the next touch on his lips.

Suddenly the alarm started ringing. Kailash moved back to turn off the alarm and he saw that it was 7 a.m.

“Oh no,” he jumped on the bed and said, “It’s getting late. Will you not go to office? Go and get fresh now, I’m going to the dining, I’m sure your mom is awake.”

“Don’t go,” Anand said and hugged him from his back, “I don’t want to go to office today.”

“Can’t be serious Anand,” Kailash said and got off, “Now go to the bathroom and get fresh now. Here’s the towel, take it. and yeah, is this the wardrobe?”

Anand took the towel and pointed at the wardrobe. Kailash opened the wardrobe when Anand went to the bathroom. He took out some clothes of Anand which he would wear to go to office. Then he went downstairs to help Anand’s mother in the kitchen.

“What are you making, aunty?” Kailash said.

“Some pancakes. And yeah, don’t call me aunty. Call me mom, my son,” she said.

“Okay, mom. May I help you in anything?”

“There’s no need, my son,” she wanted to tell it but she didn’t. she learned before about the teenager’s sensitive nature so that she had to make him more familiar. She said, “Here’s the plates. Please serve it on the table.”

“Okay.”

Kailash was delighted and went to the table with the plates. He never felt such a freedom in his own house. He always found some pinch in his parents’ words. He didn’t even know when they talked with him normally last time. He was serving the plates and suddenly there was knock at the door. Anand was coming downstairs. He and his mother both were going to open the door but Kailash stopped them and said,

“Let me do this, mom.”

He went and opened the door. He was surprised; he couldn’t believe in his eyes.

“How’re you, kailash?”

“Ankita, Suresh?”

Kailash said that in a manner of excited and getting shocked. He said again,

“But how did you know that? I mean, how did you know everything?”

“I told them,” Anand said, “Yesterday I called Suresh and told him so.”

Actually, yesterday night when Anand came outside of the room, he called Suresh and explained all of the things to them. he did that because he felt Kailash’s pain after leaving everything behind, only for his love.

“Come inside, both of you.”

Ankita and Suresh entered in the house and sat on the chairs. They gave the chocolate box to Kailash which they brought for him.

“Thank you so much,” Kailash said.

“I didn’t expect such a courage from you. I knew that you and Anand, both love each other. I was fearing only about that and you overcame it.”

“All of these happened too fast, right?” Kailash said.

“No, Kailash. It’s not too fast. It’s the right time. If you didn’t do that yesterday, your way to stay close to Anand would be completely spoiled,” Ankita said.