2. I have to get... what?

A m a y r a

The living room was well occupied by the members of Smiths and Willsons. Some were exchanging pleasantries while some were exchanging fake smiles and nods. Clearly, Smiths weren't happy with this marriage. But a certain Smith had a calm expression plastered on his face, as if he had the best trick to control everyone in the room, rolled up in his sleeves.

In the middle of a chaotic room stood Mr. James Smith, dressed up in a business suit that probably costed more than my monthly salary. He might have felt my gaze on him as he averted his eyes towards me. Before I could greet him, he displayed me a devilish smirk. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but nonetheless, I greeted him with a small smile.

"Oh she's here!" Sarah exclaimed excitedly. But then again... Why was Sarah excited to see me?

"This is Amayra Willson. Ava's step sister." She introduced me. I tried to ignore the fact how she used 'this' for introducing me and not 'she', as if I was a nasty little object.

I muttered a 'hello everyone' clear enough for everyone to hear me.

An unknown woman approached me with a gentle smile on her face. "Oh my my... So she's Amayra! Aren't you really preety?" She exclaimed excitedly. I blushed at the compliment and thanked her.

"Oh how impolite of me. Hey sweetheart, I am Malisa Roberts. But you can call me Aunt Malisa. I am your mother-in-law's best friend." She introduced herself as my mother-in-law's bes-

Wait what?

"I am sorry Aunt Malisa but Ava is the bride. Not me." I tried clearing her confusion.

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at Mrs. Sophia Smith, Ethan's mother, and then back at me. "Aren't you Amayra my dear?" She asked me, clearly confusion lacing her voice.

"I am. But I ain't getting married. My sister Ava is." I cleared.

"That's the topic we are going to discuss today. I want Amayra Willson to marry my son." James Smith declared.

Gasps echoed in the room. Ava was teary. Ethan looked baffled. Anger surged through my dad's veins while Sarah stood anxious. While I tried to process his words.

"What are you talking about dad? Didn't I tell you I love Ava?" Ethan interjected frustrated.

"Shut up Ethan. Let me complete what I wanted to say. No doubt Ava is going to be Ethan's bride. But I have a condition. I'll let Ethan marry Ava only if Amayra agrees to marry Alexander, my younger son." He cleared.

"Well speaking clearly, you'll have to marry Alexander, Amayra." He declared looking dead into my eyes.

"And who are you to take a decision on my behalf?" A deep voice boomed from the entrance. Turning around, I saw the same alluring stranger from earlier.

"Your father." James Smith said.

So the stranger with deep brown alluring orbs, swoon worthy voice, mysteriously dressed with a sharp jawline was.... Alexander Smith?

Alexander humourlessly chuckled and looked dead into his father's eyes. "You're no father to me." He declared. Another round of gasps echoed in the room.