Chapter 14: Truth Unfolds

A m a y r a

Entering Aunt Malisa's place with Alexander's reports in my hand, I felt my inside burning. With rage of betrayal.

"Hi Amayra." Uncle John greeted.

"Hi uncle." I greeted dryly.

"Malisa said you wanted to talk something about Alex?" He said.

"I'll cut the chase, Dr. Robert. Do you even have a license of practice?" I asked.

"Yes. I do. What are you trying to say Amayra?" He feigned innocence.

"Then how the fuck did you false diagnose Alexander all these years?!" I yelled.

"Wh-what do you mean Amayra?" He stuttered.

"You know very well what I am talking about. Alexander has no such fucking skin disorder!" I exclaimed.

I saw Aunt Malisa sweating at his side too. Fucking betrayers.

"Weren't you a motherly figure for Alexander? Then why the fuck did you scam him all along?!" I asked her.

"Can't you see him suffering daily? Don't you know how he's being traumatised about everything? That perfectly fit guy is locking himself up for no fucking reasons! Why? Because you guys made him believe that he was worthless! That he's least loved by his parents! You instigated him all along. Why the fuck did you do that?!" I yelled.

I heard a few shuffling voices behind me. I turned back to see Sophia holding in the door frame with glossy eyes.

"Was everything a lie, Mal?" She asked softly. I went ahead and helped her sit on the nearby couch.

"You were the reason why my son still hates me?" She was deeply hurt.

"You told us that my 9 year old Alex was apparantly in wrong friend circle. That his body showed weaknesses due to drugs consumption. Was that a lie too?" She asked. Malisa could no more look into our eyes.

"You were filling my baby with toxic judgements against me and James all these years?" She yelled.

"Why did you do this Mal? Why did you fucking do this?!" Sophia broke down.

"Because I was fucking irritated Soph. You were a weakling all your life. I was the one who fought for you! But I got nothing in return! You got everything! A billionaire husband, two sons, a healthy environment, every fucking thing! What did I got? I broken husband who was apparently in love with his girlfriend half of our life? An infertile womb? Not a single penny in my pocket?" She yelled.

"You were jealous of me! What did my son have anything to do with it?!" Soph yelled.

"He's not your son! He might be your flesh and blood, but he ain't your son. He hated you Soph. He fucking hates you with all his guts. I am the mother figure who he loves!" She chuckled bitterly.

"Loved." I muttered. "He loved you. But once you confess everything to him, he'll despise you for betraying him." I said looking dead into her eyes.

"And why would I do that? I did nothing wrong. I needed a child to nurture, I got one. I couldn't keep him with me if he had to return back to his parents at the end of the day. I had to pretend to make him keep his distance from his family. I did nothing wrong." She yelled like a psychopath she is.