Chapter 19: Grandma

A l e x a n d e r

"Xander?" Amayra called my name out.

We were currently at a family park, walking on the grass with our hands intertwined.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"What do you plan next? You practically can achieve everything you had ever imagined." She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I had always resented my fate to curse me with everything I have been suffering. I guess I was too busy to think what would I actually do if I ever get free from everything." I honestly replied.

I looked at Amayra's face. Her soft brown tendrils flew with wind, may be tickling her face. I softly tucked them behind her ears, like I once saw Ethan doing.

"Oh I know where we could start from! " Amayra exclaimed.

"Hmm?" I encouraged her.

"We could get you a phone, a TV and OTT subscriptions. You could binge watch for a few days now and get to know what's all happening. May be you could find your field your interest." She suggested.

"Okay." I nodded with a small smile.

"I-" I tried saying what's on my mind. But it wasn't easy. What id she thinks I am being too clingy? What if she doesn't like my company like I do?

"Say it Xander." She looked at me with her doe eyes.

"I-I actually, if you don't mind, wanted to spend some time with you." I could feel my cheeks heating up. God! Why do I blush so much?! 

"It's okay if you don't wan-" I was cut off my Amayra's huge grin. "I would love to Xander."

"So what should we do?" I asked scratching the back of my neck.

"How about we go on a vacation?" She asked.

"Sure." I replied. I didn't mind what the plan was as long as I was accompanied by her.

"Hmm.. how about we go to my grandma's place?" She asked.

"Aren't you very romantic?" I asked her sarcastically. Who suggests their husband to have their first vacation at her grandma's place?

She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "I promise you won't regret." She said with puppy eyes. How can I resist that?

I nodded my head in agreement and she squealed and jumped.

The next day, we departed to Mrs. Eliana Williamson's place. It was about 5 hours East to Manchester. Amayra suggested a road trip and I happily agreed.

"Mia?" I called her name out shifting the gear on the highway.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"Anything I should know before we reach there?" I asked her.

"Umm.. nothing in particular. But yeah if my cousin, Jasmine, is around, just try to escape. Don't even think to have a conversation with her. Okay?" She narrowed her eyes.

I nodded. "You know.. I am nervous. I am not good at meeting new people. What if I mess up? Will you be ashamed of me?" I asked her honestly.

One thing I have learnt from the chaos is to communicate. No matter what, I am going to communicate and let Amayra know my feelings and my thoughts. I'll let her know if I feel insecure or happy or melancholic or nervous or anything that concerns me mentally. I have already messed up a lot of things due to my hesitations and inability to communicate.

I felt a soft feeling on my hand that clutched the gear. Amayra gently rubbed my exposed part of hand.

"I can never be ashamed of you Xander. If anything, I feel proud everytime I realise this hot guy is my husband." She smiled smugly making me chuckle.