11. In Sickness and in Health

Song suggestion: Locked Away by R. City
~~~

A l e x a n d e r

Unknowingly, I slept into slumber a long time ago. Looking at the clock, I realised it was evening. I got up and my eyes landed on my dark environment. I don't doubt Amayra must have left till now.

I wouldn't blame her of she leaves me. I am not selfish enough to make her stay with me in the darkness only because I like her bright aura. She deserved more.

She deserves to be with one who could take her out on dates, like Ethan does with Ava. She deserves someone to hug her when she's sad, somebody who could kiss her awake, somebody who's so good at speech that she never forgets her worth, somebody who could make her proud. Somebody who could love her unconditionally, the way she deserves.

She deserves a world of rainbows and ponies. And not thorns and storms.

I heaved a sigh and tried to muster up courage to face her rejection. Gulping down nothing, I turned the door knob open. As expected, the house was emitting no sounds. No giggles, no music, no lively conversations, no curses, nothing. Pin drop silence was the only thing that surrounded me.

My heart felt heavy facing the reality. She made her choice. She left me.

Trying not to cry, I took a step ahead and entered the living room.

A smile crept onto my lips without my permission. There laid a chocolate cake that said 'I can never leave you, mysterious grumpy smoking hot hubby.'

I heard faint giggles from the kitchen. As soon as I entered into the kitchen, I saw Amayra and Andrea all covered in chocolate and flour. The kitchen was a disaster. My eyes widened at the sight.

"Sorry sir. But lady boss is in a very good mood." Andrea laughed. Amayra slapped her shoulder and kept laughing. I could pay a million dollars for keeping that expression on her face, forever.

I cleared my throat to grab their attention. "Andrea can you clean the kitchen and then take your day off. Apparently I and Amayra have a lot to talk." I said looking at Amayra. Andrea nodded and got back to work.

"Party Pooper." Amayra pouted and went back to her room. Probably to clean up.

I went back to the living room and was busy glancing out of the window. The moon looked tranquil amongst the dark soft clouds. Couples strolled in the park with intertwined hands. Everything looked serene. Except the havoc in my mind.
~~~

A m a y r a

Standing under the shower, I couldn't help but think about what Alexander shared. Not gonna lie, I am happy he trusted me enough with the biggest secret of his life. But I was disappointed. Disappointed with Alexander that he could think I would leave him for any reason. But I can't blame him. All his life people did nothing to prove him that relations could be permanent and reliable in life. But out of all, I was disappointed with life to not give him an equal chance or loved ones.

Alexander Smith was puzzle. And I am a stubborn child. I won't give up on him. Not before I solve him completely.

Getting out of the shower, I got into a pair of pyjamas and a big hoodie. I moved into the living room only to notice Andrea left and Alexander was lost in his thoughts.

I smirked as an idea struck me. Taking a piece of paper from the kitchen tissue roll nearby, I rolled it into a thin tube. Tip toeing to Alexander, I controlled my breathing to make sure I made no sound. Slowly raising my hands, I put the tube into his ear and tickled him. Xander got startled and grabbed my hips in the procedure of getting shocked. I stumbled on the coffee table and both of us landed on the floor. His one arm rested under my head, while the other was still supporting ny hips. His dark locks ascended forward to his eyes, blocking my view to his brown orbs. He kept staring at my eyes while I was in a no different position. Realisation seemed to flash in his mind, and he helped me up. Awkwardly clearing his throat, he asked me to take a seat on the couch.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded my head, tucking my wet tendrils behind my ears. I bet my ears might be red by now. That's the sign of me blushing.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked him.

"Why did you choose to stay?" He came directly to the point. "Because I promised you 'In sickness and in health, in rich and in poor, I'll be with you till death does us apart' and I am very willing to keep my promises." I said shrugging my shoulders. There was a long pause between us. Alexander just kept looking at me.

"You know it's dangerous? You know a slight mistake of contamination and you might be enclosed in an isolated ward of a mother fucking hospital?" He asked me again. "Yes. I do. And I am still here. Today, tomorrow and forever, till my last breath. I don't care about the consequences." I replied looking dead into his eyes. He kept looking at me. Probably trying to find hesitation. I bet he found none.

"You're too stubborn." He said. I just grinned. "Won't you do the same if you were in my position?" I asked him. "I don't know. I never gave it a thought." He said.

I took a deep breath. He shared his darkness with me. Its only fair if I tell him why my life is no rainbows and ponies.

"I want to share something too." I said softly. He hummed in encouragement.

"A few years back, I got diagnosed with PCOS. It is a syndrome that shows irregular size of ovaries. I face constant hair loss, irregular hair growth at my genital areas, acute shortage of various vitamins, untimely periods, and lot more. But the major effect of PCOS is on pregnancy. It would be difficult for me to conceive. Even if I do, there would be a constant risk on the baby." I said looking at the ground. "As much as I love children, I might end up getting none of my own. Would you still accept me, Alexander?" I asked, not shifting my eyes from the ground.

"Xander". I heard his deep voice beside me.

"Hmm?" I asked on confusion.

"Call me Xander. I like it better now." He said with pink cheeks. Look at the grumpy mystery man blushing.

"Yes. I would still accept you Amayra. It's not like we could conceive even if you didn't have whatever syndrome you do. I can't risk to pass on the genetics of my problems to any child. They won't deserve getting locked in like me." He said.

Silence surrounded us.

"Xander?" I called out his name. "I think I like you." I said. He slowly shifted and took out his gloves and mask from his pocket. Wearing them, he shifted closer to me. He put his hand on my shoulder gently and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I think I like you too Amayra." He muttered lowly. "Ever since the day I first saw you." He said.

"Puh-lease. I was practically kissing the floor on our first encounter." I rolled my eyes when he chuckled.

"I highly doubt that was the first time we met."
~~~
Quadraple update? Is that even a word?

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment. I really need to know if you like this story.

Love yaa.