Chapter 12: Date

A m a y r a

"I don't get you Xander. Who's Mia?" I asked carefully.

He opened his mouth to answer but quickly shut it off. "Forget it. Take my blood and do whatever you want before I blabber about my previous life too." He said with a nervous chuckle.

I shook my head to take my mind from my mom. As much as my heart craves for her, I really need to concentrate on Alexander.

"Okay I need you to bring me your urine in this little bottle." I instructed him.

"Huh?" He looked confuse. "Is this your first time performing a urine test?" I asked him.

"Umm yeah. I guess." He scratched his neck. I chuckled at his expression.

"It's nothing to be nervous about Xander. Take this bottle, pee into it and fill it up untill its little more than half. Close the bottle. Wash your hands and wash the bottle with lid close. Come out and hand it over to me. That's all." I instructed him again.

He nodded hesitantly but didn't object. He took the bottle from my hands, and moved into the washroom.

I took my pouch and moved to the living room. I needed to take his blood, hair and cuticle samples, and I definitely needed to be settled in a well lit room.

Wearing my gloves, a intertwined my fingers to make the gloves stick to palm. Taking out the syringe and EDTAs, I was ready to act whenever Alexander was ready.

In a few more minutes, Alexander was in the living room. He shyly forwarded the bottle. He probably felt embarrassed to hand over his urine to his wife. But I as a doctor, couldn't help but chuckle at his cute state.

"It's okay Xander. It's normal. You don't have to feel embarrassed." I told him and made him sit on the couch.

Searching for the right vein, I took the cap of the needle by my teeth. I was ready to pierce it into his skin. "Wait!" His voice boomed. I looked up to see him looking nervous than ever.

"What if it hurts? What if you remove the needle and blood doesn't stop and I die of blood loss? What if you pierce that thing in me and break and the needle never comes back?" He rambled. I push his chin gently and made him look into my eyes.

"I have been practising how to use a needle ever since I was 19, Xander. And no such thing would happen. Don't you trust me?" I pouted. He nodded his head with innocent eyes.

It was sometimes difficult to believe that the 'mysterious billionaire' is nothing what the media portrays him. He ain't arrogant, he doesn't do drugs, he doesn't have a new woman every night on his bed. He, on the contrary, is a aloof and suffering man child who's nothing but innocent. He is far away from the wierd maturity norms of this world with a few daddy issues.

"Let's get over with this." He muttered taking a deep breath. He squeezed his eyes with all his force while his other hand squeezed the cushion to death. I slowly slid the needle under his skin and waited for his blood to fill up the required amount in the EDTA. I slid off the syringe and wiped it off with a spirit coated cotton. I took a few of his hair strands with his permission and cut out a few cuticles from the side of his nails.

Zipping everything in a bag, I flashed him a big smile.

"I am so proud of you." I said caressing his cheeks. "You were so brave all through out your life. I am glad I met you." I flashed him a small smile.