Chapter 17: Family Reunion

A m a y r a

"Did you seriously confess to me without an ice cream?" I teased him.

"Way to ruin the mood." He rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Oh enough of your lovey dovey shits! I am hungry!" James yelled from the dining hall.

Chuckling at his childishness, I and Alexander walked into the dining room.

"You can have some bacon sandwiches untill everyone arrives." I suggested.

"Everyone?" Alexander and James asked together.

I smirked. A knock resonated by the main door.

"Time for some family reunion boys!" I said opening the door.

Alexander's mouth agaped when he saw his mom, Ethan, Ava and my dad walking through the door.

"Hey little one." Ethan bro hugged Alexander.

"Hey big bro." Alexander grinned, addressing Ethan with the nickname he used to call when he was younger.

"Hey bitch!" Ava yelled and jumped on my back.

"Get off me you fatass! I ain't your fiance to carry you around." I groaned out.

Sophia and James just blurt out a series of laughter.

"Atleast we aren't wild like the Williamsons." Ethan teased.

"Nonetheless I love this wilderness." Alexander blurted out.

Everyone went silent. A second or two later, Alexander realised what he said. Pink tint coated his cheeks. I was looking no different.

"I th-think I should set the tab-table. Yeah." I said and escaped.

"I'll just help her out." I heard Alexander behind me.

As soon as we were in the kitchen, we heard another series of laughter from the living room.

I blushed hard while Alexander stood nervously, scratching his neck.

'Sorry' he mouthed squinting his eyes with a nervous smile still grazing his lips.

I just smiled but it soon turned into a smirk, as something struck my brain.

"Can you call everyone to th dining table? I'll dish everything out." I said. He nodded and called everyone in. Commotion could be heard near the dining table now.

Alexander walked back into the kitchen. "Do you need any help?" He asked me, scanning the kitchen.

"Yeah. Hold this bowl for me, will you?" I said and forwarded the bowls towards him. He nodded and took them from me. As soon as I saw his concentration directed solely towards the bowl, I tip toed and pressed my lips just at the corned of his mouth for a second.

Pretending like nothing happened, I took the plates and walked into the dining area while Alexander stood at his place with widened eyes.

"So how's everything going Amy?" Ethan asked me.

"Everything is fine. I won't say life is rainbow and butterflies. But I definitely won't trade what I have right now." I said with a smile.