8. Xander

A m a y r a

The next morning I woke up early, dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a fancy top, atleast fancy enough for the job I am doing. I tore a paper from my notepad and started writing.

Dear Xander,

I must have departed for the hospital till the time you wake up and get a peek at this paper. Don't skip your meals and wait for me. I'll be back by 8 hopefully. Let's have dinner together.

Your sexy and cute wife cum friend,
Amayra.

Ps: This is my phone number. Incase you miss me too much, you're allowed to call me *wink wink*. XXXXXXXXXX

I chuckled at my letter yet folded it and slid into Alexander's room before departing to my destination.

The day went by in a jiff. Their weren't many patients but the absence of many doctors was responsible for my overtime today.

Exactly at half past 6, I got over with my shift. Picking up my phone, I knocked on Dr. Layla's door.

"Wassup bitch!" I yelled enthusiastically.

Of-fucking-course I had friends. But lieing to Xander was the only way to retract him from his shell.

"Don't talk to me, Ms. I-get-married-without-telling- my-bffs. You tell me you're going to be your sister's maid of honor and get back marrying a sexy mysterious billionaire. You minnie little vixen." She started throwing all the pens out of her pen stand. I tried ducking the pens when the door opened revealing a sweaty Nicholas.

"Can I sing the war cry while you guys are throwing weapons at each other? Pretty please with the cherry on the top?" He barged in.

"How can you not be mad Nick? She practically got married! Like married married. Like 'I have a hole ass sexy husband but I am neither showing you his pic nor introducing him to you but I am gonna ride his ass out once I am'." She exclaimed dramatically.

"Eww. Gross. Riding a dick is okay. But what the fuck is riding an ass?" Nick exclaimed munching on a protein bar.

"I have already shared what it's like. Haven't I?" I said frustrated.

"Excuses. Excuses." Nick sang.

I rolled my eyes and took a seat beside Nicholas. They kept complaining while I whined at their reluctance on Xander's topic.

Once the clock struck half past 7, I took my leave. Grabbing a uber, I reached home by 10 minutes past 8. Unlocking the door, I met a smiling Andrea cleaning the living room.

"Hey Andrea. How was your day?" I asked changing into a pair of fluffy and clean slippers.

"Same old. Same old. How about you? Anything new?" She asked curiously.

"Oh I saw a bunch of smiling kids getting discharged. And a few crying ones, at the sight of syringes. Nothing new Drea." I smiled at her.

"Did Xander have dinner?" I asked her. She shook her head in no.

I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of clean comfy clothes before walking into the kitchen.