3. The Talk

The week rolled over with a blink of an eye. Wedding planners were booked, themes and decors were decided, staffs were hastily working to finish everything off by the given deadline.

While everyone was busy giving Sarah a cold shoulder, I was grimacing. Grimacing over the restraints I would face in my career. Grimacing over being tied to a loveless marriage for a lifetime. Grimacing over what future held for me.

Let the hell break loose, I would take all my vows seriously. Even though this marriage was being committed by force and manipulations, yet it was still a marriage in the eyes of society and lord. Even though there was a great possibility of Alexander wanting to do nothing with me once we get married, I'm still going to stay by his side stubbornly and fulfill all my duties, unless he decides to pop out of nowhere and tell me he's in love with another woman and isn't ready to betray her or that he isn't into women at all and his preference were men. That would be a totally different case.

I would be actually staying by his side till my last breathe. Even of he decides to tell me he is infertile, I'll be by his side.

Thinking of what all the worst possible scenarios for future, here I sat infront of the mirror, in my mom's wedding gown. I wonder how beautiful she looked at her wedding day. Ofcourse my dad showed me his and mom's wedding pics, yet he repeatedly said "The photos do no justice to how beautiful your mother actually looked. She was practically an angel walking down the aisle." I repeat his words in my mind, remembering the dreamy look he still gives remembering his late wife.

Even after a decade of getting married to Sarah, he was utterly and truly in love with mom. The love he possibly will never share with Sarah or any other woman for a matter-of-fact.

~•~
T h i r d P e r s o n

Her chain of thoughts were broken by the sudden knock on the door. Upon permitting, she was astonished to see her very soon-to-be husband entering into the room.

She displayed a small smile to Alexander who just stood there, staring at his to-be bride. He was in a daze trying to grasp how his fiancee looked absolutely stunning in her wedding gown.

As much as he thought about her in the past week, he still denied the probability of being attracted towards her. For his sanity. And for her well being.

Blinking a few times and clearing his throat he looked back at the goddess sitting in front of him.

'That's it. This is the moment he'll be informing me about his relationship with another woman and how wants to do nothing with me. Get ready for rejection Myra.' she thought. Trailing her eyes on his body, she was yet again enticed my the alluring man she was going to address as her husband. The only thing that confused her was the presence of gloves on his hands. 'Are'nt gloves supposed to be a part of bride's attire? Or was it a tradition among Smiths?' she thought.

"You look stunning." He started the conversation, sensing her gaze on his gloved hands, he tucked them into his pant pockets.

Heat surged through her body and her cheeks were instantly covered in a red hue. "Thank you." She muttered shyly.

"I-I want to tell you something." He started.

Amayra gave an encouraging nod to Alexander.

An awkward silence prevailed. As much as he wanted to tell her the truth of his denial to the marriage, he couldn't trust her. Couldn't trust her with the secret he has unwillingly treasured for more than two decades. Couldn't trust her with not running and telling the world that the 'mysterious billionaire' wasn't arrogant but untouchable in true sense.