Chapter 23: Marry me, again?

A l e x a n d e r

"That silicon doll looked so pissed when you called Amayra baby!" Joseph narrated Amayra while stuffing his mouth with Andrea's lasagne.

Amayra called Joseph and Mike over dinner to celebrate her 'victory'.

"That's good." Amayra smirked. "She must know that this hot piece of meat belongs to me." She mumbled. I smiled at her possessiveness but commented nothing.

"Okay guys, on a serious note, we have our annual function coming up in two weeks. Are you participating?" Mike asked.

"I am." I replied. "You are?" Mike and Joseph exclaimed together. "Yeah." I replied casually.

"I hope you know the participants from music department have only one event. We have to sing a self written and composed song. None of us are participating because... Well we are too lazy to write something let alone compose it." Joseph said.

"You guys aren't lazy. You just lack inspiration." I remarked.

"As if you do have." Mike raised his eyebrows.

"I do." I smirked and looked at Mia.

That's my inspiration.

"Will you come to the function, Amayra?" Mike asked.

"To support Xander? Hell yes. And so will Ethan and Ava. So, go for it baby." She cheered for me. Oh how much I love her.

The dinner went playful banterings here and there.

The days preceding the annual event kept me busy. I concentrated on the lectures and spent my time in writing and practicing on the guitar Amayra got me a few weeks back. I was determined to make Amayra feel special the upcoming evening.

I approached my professors, the dean and a few media houses along with Mom, dad and Mr. Williamson along with Dr. Layla and Dr. Lucas for proper functioning of my surprise.

You'll get every fucking happiness I can give you, Mia. Coz I love you from everything I have. I vowed.
~~~

A m a y r a

I took a leave from the hospital for Alexander's performance.

Waking up to an empty bed however made my mood a bit sour. I walked towards the dining table and a smile graced my face.

Dear Mia,

I am sorry for leaving early but I had to report the authorities before 8 am.

I have a surprise planned for you. I hope to see your pretty face among the crowd today. Dress in white.

Love you.
Xander.

Surprise? I hope it's a good one.

Freshening up I got ready and left for Ava's place by 12. The function would start by 2 pm so I had plenty of time to check upon Ava and her mood swings.

Ava and Ethan got married last month and let me tell you boy, it was dream come true for her. Ethan made sure everything was arranged according to Ava.

Ava got pretty emotional and ended up crying at the alter holding her bouquet of flowers. Nonetheless, they are happily settled in Manchester too.