Chapter 18: Insecure

A m a y r a

"And this is how the embryo gets planted in the female uterus." I finished explaining Alexander in a lot mature way than any of our fathers could do.

"Wow! Hearing this sounds like an enormous process! But doesn't the procedure last for what, a couple of hours?" Dad asked.

"Yeah. Like bro ditch the condom during her fertile window and bam!" James exclaimed.

Alexander sat silent there.

"This is... Nothing like... What I thought it to be. This is... Gross?" Alexander scrunched up his nose.

"Excuse me. I used the same gross process and this is why you're here." James exclaimed.

"So you basically pushed me out of your body along with millions of other kids through the same part you pee?" Alexander widened his eyes in realisation. "And you're taking pride in telling me you discharged me just like urine from your body? Yuck!" Alexander exclaimed.

This was entertaining.

"It is a much pleasurable process, Alex. It is not only used for reproduction but also for your own pleasure. When you get intimate with Amy, you'll experience what I mean. There's a huge difference between understanding what sex is for and how it feels." Ethan explained in all seriousness.

"Okay." Alexander replied after a pause. The expressions on Alexander's face were clearly conveying his uneasiness on the topic.

"How about you guys stay over? We can have breakfast together in the morning." I proposed.

"Yeah. Ava and Ethan can take the guest room, dad and Mr. Williamson can share my room and Mia and mom can take Mia's room. I'll take the couch." Alexander suggested.

Dad's eyes glistened. "Mia?"

I nodded with a sad smile, signing that he's addressing me. Dad smiled at Alexander and me.

"Who's Mia?" Sophia asked in confusion.

"That's your son's romantic nickname for his wife. Don't interfere." James jokingly slapped Sophia's shoulder.

"Anyways, let's call it a day already." I said and everyone agreed.

Sharing our wardrobes, we finally retired to bed.

"Amayra?" Sophia called.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Thank you dear. Thank you so much for everything you did for Alex." She said. I smiled and said nothing.

Hour after hour passed. I couldn't sleep. Meaningless thoughts crowded my head.

Ethan looked so happy when Ava announced her pregnancy. Can I ever make Alexander happy?

Even though I don't have children on my next 2 years plan, I couldn't help but feel guilty. What if Alexander really wants offsprings in nearby future but my complications serve as hindrance in his happiness? What if he gets frustrated with my problems and decides to leave me in the future? Even though I am financially independent, the emotional havoc it would create in me would be too much to handle.

No matter what happens, I'll never turn out to be like Malisa.

I brushed off all my thoughts and got up to the kitchen. Drinking a glass of water, I walked to the couch where Alexander slept.