Chapter 7

Hazel POV

I woke up the next day and found Chloe sleeping on the couch. I tried not to make noise, but unfortunately, I woke her up.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you," I said.

"It's ok Hayz. How did it go at the hospital yesterday?" She asked.

I made a face. "Oh no. Tell me everything," she said, and I sat down and told her everything.

"Why am I only hearing about this now?!" she said.

"I mean, you know now," I said.

"Hayz!!!!! First of all, yes girl!! I'm so glad some of me is rubbing off on you. I would have included a hell of a lot more swearing and maybe a few punches, but I'm proud of you. And I can't believe you finally have a date on your own!" She exclaimed.

"Chlo, this is not a date. Doctor Anderson needs to work on his people skills, and he asked me to help him," I said.

"No, no, no. This is a date!" she said. "I'm so excited! Wait till I fix you up. He's going to be drooling over you!"

"No, you're not. I'm meeting him after work on Tuesday," I said.

"What, no!!!! Please!" she exclaimed.

"No, Chloe, I'm meeting him after work with the clothes I have on, and that's that," I said.

Chloe frowned. "OK fine," she said with an exaggerated sigh. "At least you're finally going on a date. Hey, maybe he can finally be your first boyfriend," she said.

I sighed. I've gone on dates before, but they were all set up by Chloe, so things never worked out.

"Or maybe I can introduce him to you, and he can be your first boyfriend," I said. Chloe liked to sleep with guys and then never talk to them again. I knew why she did it, so I never judged her.

"Pass. Not my thing," she said.

"Well, I'm going to work now," I said.

"Where are you going to work today?" Chloe asked.

"I was supposed to work at a doctor's office, but Kevin called me and said he really needed to talk to me and said to come into the office," I told Chloe. Kevin was my boss at the temp agency I worked at.

"Hmm, I wonder why. Do you think he finally found a full-time position for you?" she asked me.

"Who knows. I mean, I hope so. I've been looking for a stable job, but you know how hard it is without…" I didn't finish the sentence, but Chloe knew what I meant.

"You know you really should think about going to school. My parents are dying to pay for someone's college tuition, you know," she said. Chloe got into modeling as soon as we graduated from high school, so she never went to college. "You always did so well in school."

"Then you should go to college," I replied.

"You know that's not what I meant," she sighed.

"I know, but no Chloe," I simply said.

"Fine, I won't press you on the matter. Anyway, who knows if you find a steady, well-paying job, you could save back and finally go to college and become a child psychologist just like you've always wanted," she said, smiling at me.

I smiled back at her. I gave up on that dream a long time ago. "Yeah, maybe," I said. I walked to the door. "Well, I'll see you later Chlo."

"Bye," I heard her say as I closed the door.

I made it to the temp agency headed straight to Kevin’s office. I knocked, and I heard a come in.

I opened the door and saw Kevin sitting at his desk. “Hazel. I’m glad you could make it on short notice.” He said. “Please have a seat.” He said as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk.