Chapter 26

Hazel POV

Chloe led me to my room, and we sat down on the bed together. She held me tightly as I continued to sob, finding comfort in her presence.

"What happened, Hazel?" Chloe asked softly, her voice filled with concern.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself enough to speak. "Aiden... he kissed me," I managed to say, my voice trembling with emotion.

Chloe's eyes widened in surprise. "He kissed you?"

"Yes, but then... he apologized and said he got carried away," I replied, wiping away my tears. "I told him it was okay, but deep down, I feel hurt and confused."

Chloe's face contorted with anger. "That jerk! How dare he do something like that and then just brush it off? That's not okay, Hazel. He can't just do something like that and then act like it's no big deal. You deserve better than that."

I nodded, appreciating her support. "I don't know, Chloe. It's all so complicated. For one moment, I thought he had feelings for me, but now i just feel so stupid."

Chloe hugged me tighter, reassuring me. "You're not stupid, Hayz. He is! You deserve so much more, Hazel. Someone who respects, values you, and knows just how lucky he is to be with you. You don't need Aiden. You don't need someone who is a playboy and is just going to play with your emotions like this. You're not alone in this, Hazel. We'll figure it out together."

I nodded, appreciating her words of encouragement. "Im just worried about what's going to happen now. I just don't want things to be awkward between us. We work together, and I don't know how I'll face him after this."

Chloe sighed, her expression filled with determination. "You don't have to face him alone, Hazel. We'll figure this out together. Dont worry, I'll make sure he understands what he did was wrong and that he can't treat you like this."

"Please don't do anything Clo, I know you mean well but please just let me hanndke it" I said trying to stop Chloe, I knew she was capable of doing and I didn't want things to get messier.

"But Hayz. That bastard needs to suffer. He hurt my best friend. He can't just get away with it, " she said with determination in her eyes.

"Clo, please just leave this to me, I'll handle it. But thanks for caring. I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend, " I said, smiling at her.

She smiled warmly at me. "That's what friends are for, Hazel. Now, let's focus on taking care of you. Tell me what can i do to make you feel better."

A small smile formed on my lips as I thought about it. "How about a girls' night? Let's watch a movie, order some food, and just forget about this for a little while."

Chloe's eyes lit up with excitement. "That sounds perfect! Let's indulge ourselves and have a relaxing evening. You deserve it." Then Chloes eyes widened. "Omg! How could I forget about your date? Tell me everything, " she said.

"Oh, where do I start..." I said to Chloe. I quickly narrated everything that happened before I got into Aidens' car.

"Hayz, why did you tell him? I texted him," she said.

"Clo, I had to," I sighed.

Chloe smirked. "I know, you're miss goody two shoes, You and your honesty. You're like a modern-day saint, Hayz"

I laughed. "I'm not Clo. I just thought I should tell him. He still wanted to take me out to dinner tho" I said.

"Yup, and he told you to call him if you ever wanted to go on a date again! You know what that means, right? The doctor definitely has the hots for you, my dear Hayz. Forget about Aiden. That sexy doctor is interested in you. Why don't you give him a shot?" She asked me.

"I don't know, Clo. I think that I just need time." I replied.

Chloe nodded understandingly. "Take all the time you need, and remember that I'm here for you every step of the way. We'll get through this together."

"Thanks, Clo," I said, and I hugged Chloe.

As we settled in for our girls' night
I smiled gratefully at Chloe, feeling a sense of relief, knowing I had her unconditional support. As we settled in to watch the movie and indulge in our favorite treats, I couldn't help feel a lillte better that my best friend was by my side.