Chapter 17

Hazel POV

As the car pulled up to the hospital, Aiden turned to me and said, "Thanks for coming with me, Hazel."

I smiled back at him, "It's okay, Aiden. I'm glad I could be here for Alice."

As we walked towards the entrance, I asked, "So, what's Alice's favorite color? I want to get her a little present."

Aiden chuckled, "Pink. She loves anything pink."

I nodded, "Got it. I'll see what I can find."

We walked into the hospital and made our way to Alice's room. As we entered, she sat up in bed and grinned from ear to ear. "Hazel!" she exclaimed, jumping out of bed and giving me a big hug.

"Hey, Alice. How are you feeling?" I asked, returning the hug.

"I'm okay. I can't wait to go home, though," she said, pulling away from the hug.

I turned to Aiden and said, "I'll go see if I can find a little something for her. Do you want to stay here and help her get ready to go?"

Aiden nodded, "Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

I made my way down to the gift shop, browsing the shelves for something pink. I eventually settled on a stuffed pink unicorn and a pink blanket. As I made my way back up to Alice's room, I heard Aiden's voice drifting down the hallway.

"Now remember, no running or jumping around. You need to take it easy," he said.

"I know, Aiden," Alice replied, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

I chuckled to myself, glad to see that Aiden was taking care of her. As I entered the room, Alice's face lit up when she saw the gifts in my hands.

"Oh, Hazel! They're so pretty," she exclaimed, taking the unicorn and blanket from me.

I grinned, "I'm glad you like them. They're both pink, your favorite color."

Alice hugged me again, "Thank you, Hazel."

Aiden spoke up, "We should probably get going. We don't want to keep our parents waiting."

Alice's face fell a little, "Do we have to go back to their house?"

Aiden looked down at her, "Yes, we do. But don't worry, we'll be there with you."

Alice smiled again, "Okay."

We walked out of the hospital and got into Aiden's car. As we drove, I could see Alice looking out the window, a sad expression on her face.

"Alice, are you okay?" I asked, turning to her.

She looked at me and nodded, "I just wish I could stay with you guys. Am I still going to see you since I'm not anymore? " Alice said with a sad expression.

"Of course, Alice. You can't get rid of me that easily. I'll give you my phone number and you can call me anytime." I said, which caused her to smile.

"Can I call you to hang out?" She asked me.

"Of course, Alice. You know I love to spend time with you, " I said.

"Yay! Aiden can come too! Then we can all hang out together!" Alice yelled. "You'll come right, Aiden?"

"Sure thing, kido," Aiden responded, and Alice's smile grew bigger.

We pulled up to Aiden's parents' house. To say I was shocked was an understatement. This was a huge freaking mansion.

We pulled up to the driveway, and we walked out of the car. We were greeted by what looked like the house staff. However, I didn't see Alice's parents anywhere.

I saw Aiden speak to someone, and then he had a mad look on his face.

"Where is mom and dad?" Alice asked Aiden.

"Uh, they aren't home, Alice. You know they're a bit...."

"Busy. I know Aiden, I know, " she said with a sad look. Oh, her face.

It broke my heart to see Alice like this. I kneeled down in front of Alice. "Hey Alice, why don't you show me around? Then maybe we can all have dinner together, and I'll make sure to tuck you in for bed, " I said, and then I turned to Aiden."If that's OK with you?" I asked.

"Of course! What do you want for dinner, Alice?" He asked her.

"Pizza," she exclaimed.

We decided to order pizza and watch a movie.

At around 9 p.m., Alice started to rub her eyes. "I think it's time for bed," I said.

"No, not yet. That means you'll leave, " she said, looking a little sad.

"I know, sweetheart, but you have my number. You can call me whenever you want and I promise when I have a chance I'll come visit you, " I said. "Now, what do you say? we get you ready for bed," I said.

"Ok," Alice and Aiden and I took her to room and tucked her in.

"Bye, Alice," I said, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"Bye, Hazel! I'm going to miss you," she said.

"Me to sweetheart" I said.

The Aiden gave her a kiss and said goodbye.

We both walked out of her room and towards his car.

I walked inside, and we drove in silence.

"They were busy," I heard Aiden said and I looked up at him. "My parents left for a last-minute trip to Europe and couldn't be here for Alice." He said, looking a little sad.
"Thank you for being there for her, Hazel. It means a lot to Alice and I," he said.

"Alice is a special girl. I'm was happy to be here for her, " I replied. Aiden smiled at me.

"Thanks. I know I'm asking for a lot, but can you join me for dinner? " he asked. "Please, I don't really want to be alone right now."

I sighed how can I say no to that. "Sure, but this time I get to choose the place," I said.

Aiden smiled at me and said, "Deal."