Chapter 8

Hazel's POV

Mr. Salazar informed me that I was no longer employed by my temp agency. I bid farewell to Kevin and everyone else in the office, knowing that my official start date was the following day.

I was informed that I needed to wear formal attire for my new job, and since it was short notice, I was given a $2000 bonus to purchase new clothes. However, I still didn't know the name of the company where I was going to work. Mr. Salazar assured me that a private car would pick me up and drop me off at my new workplace on my first day.

I managed to get in touch with Chloe, who thought I was crazy to sign the contract but wanted to have her lawyers review it to ensure everything was legitimate. I also asked if she could come with me to shop for my formal clothes, to which she immediately agreed.

We met at Chloe's favorite mall, and I expressed my concern to her. "I'm a little worried, Chloe. Maybe I shouldn't have signed that contract," I said.

"Don't worry, Hayz. My lawyers are still looking into your contract, but they said it was 100% legitimate. If there's anything unusual, they'll let me know, but at least we know it's legitimate, and that's what matters," Chloe reassured me.

"I do feel a little better now," I replied. "But I'm still nervous about meeting my new boss."

"You'll be fine, and if you're not, you know I'm just a phone call away," Chloe smiled at me, and I smiled back. "Now, let's go find you some sexy formal clothes," she said, and I rolled my eyes and followed her.

The following morning, I woke up at 5 am. to prepare for work. The driver was supposed to pick me up at 6:30 am to take me to my new job. After having a quick breakfast, I met the driver downstairs.

I attempted to ask him where he was taking me, but he said he wasn't authorized to provide me with that information. As a precaution, I shared my live location with Chloe.

After about 25 minutes, we finally arrived at my new workplace. I got out of the car and observed the building in front of me. It said J & Associates Law Firm. I walked inside and approached the receptionist, who gave me a fake smile. "Hi, you must be Hazel Hart," she said.

"Yes, I am," I replied.

"Arlene is expecting you. Head to the elevators and go all the way to the top floor," she instructed.

"Thank you," I said, heading to the elevator. I pressed the number 65 and made my way to the top.

The elevator doors opened, and a woman in her forties greeted me. "Hi, you must be Hazel," she said, extending her hand.

I shook her hand and said, "Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Arlene, the Director's PA," she introduced herself. "The Director always likes to meet his new employees on their first day."

I followed her, asking, "Is he my boss?"

"No, he's not your direct boss. His son is," she replied.

"Oh, okay," I said, as we approached what appeared to be the meeting room. "Can I find out his name now?" I inquired.

Arlene chuckled, "Yes, his name is William Jameson," she said, opening the door.

Jameson? Jameson? No, it can't be the same, Jameson. I trailed behind Arlene into the meeting room, where I saw a man who was the spitting image of someone I knew. No, this can’t be. I must be in a very bad dream.

The older man looked at me and smiled at me. “Hi you must be our new employee” he said, extending his hand. “I’m William Jameson, Founder and Director of J & Associates Law firm. It’s nice to meet you”

I was still in shock, but I managed to shake his hand and answer. “Hello Mr. Jameson. My name is Hazel Hart. It’s nice to meet you too.” I replied.

Just then, I heard a small knock on the door. We all looked up and saw Aiden Jameson walking into the meeting room. That’s when my nightmare just got worse.

“Oh Aiden. I was just about to call for you. This is our new employee, Hazel Hart. Hazel, this is my son and your new boss, Aiden James” He said, introducing us.

Aiden walked up to me, and we shook hands. “It’s nice to meet you, Miss Heart” he said.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Jameson.” I replied, looking at him, trying to hide my shock.

“Well if you both will excuse me, I have a few things I have to go over with Arlene here. It will give you two some time to get to know each other. After that, Hazel, you can meet up with Arlene, and she will show you the ropes on how things are done here” Mr. Jameson said as he walked out of the room and Arlene followed him.

“OK, thank you, Mr. Jameson” I responded.

“It was nice meeting you and welcome to our team” He said before he walked out the door.

“Thank you.” I managed to say before he walked out.

I looked up and saw Aiden staring at me. What the hell is going on?