Chapter 36

Hazel POV

Aiden and I spent the entire weekend together, just enjoying each other's company in his apartment. As Monday rolled around, we headed to the office together. I was at my desk when I heard a familiar yet unwelcome voice – Stacy.

"I'm here to see Aiden," she announced, disregarding any attempts I made to intervene.

"Mr. Jameson is busy, and..." I began, but she brushed past me and entered Aiden's office.

Walking in after her, I overheard Aiden's displeased tone, "Stacy, what the hell are you doing here?"

She hugged him, but he pushed her away. "I came to see you, Honey," she chirped.

"Mr. Jameson, I tried to stop her," I quickly explained, feeling somewhat responsible.

"It's alright, Hazel," Aiden reassured.

"Of course, I'm allowed to see my boo whenever I want," Stacy declared with a smirk.

"No, Stacy, you're not allowed here. What are you even doing here?" Aiden's annoyance was palpable.

"We're having lunch together, silly. Didn't your dad tell you?" Stacy said with a smile.

"No, he didn't," Aiden responded, frustration evident. "Look, Stacy, I'm really busy..."

"Daddy is coming too. He said you guys need to talk about business," Stacy interrupted.

"I guess I have to go, then," Aiden sighed.

"That's right," Stacy replied, glancing at Aiden's wrist. "What are you wearing? Where's the Rolex I bought you? Why are you wearing such a cheap and hideous watch?"

"I happen to love this watch," Aiden defended.

"Oh, please, honey. I know you have expensive taste," Stacy laughed.

"I've changed. Anyway, if we're having lunch, why are you here so early?" Aiden questioned.

"Oh, I thought maybe we could spend some time together before lunch," Stacy replied.

"Actually, I'm very busy," Aiden asserted, gently guiding her towards the door.

"But..." Stacy began.

"I'll see you at lunch with your father," Aiden said, closing the door on her.

"Fine," Stacy huffed, and Aiden turned to me, apologizing. "I'm sorry, Hazel."

"Why are you sorry?" I smiled at him.

"Because of Stacy and because I have to have lunch with her and her father," Aiden said, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's alright, Aiden. I understand," I reassured him.

He walked up to me, saying, "Hazel, you really are one of a kind," and pulled me into his arms.

"Aiden, we're in your office," I blushed.

"So..." he smirked, looking down at me, then kissed me. I kissed him back but pulled away, reminding him of our work.

"You have a lot of work to do, and so do I," I said, heading towards the door.

"Ugh, fine," Aiden grumbled.

Returning to my desk, I resumed work. During lunch, I went to the hospital for overdue lab work, reluctantly facing my fear of needles. Aiden left for lunch, and jealousy crept in. When he returned with a troubled expression, I asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, my dad is just being an ass," he sighed.

"I'm sorry. Want to talk about it?" I offered.

"No, I should get back to work. I'm behind because of that stupid lunch," Aiden replied.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything," I said.

"Sure," he nodded, heading back to his office. Later in the evening, Aiden and I left the office together. He remained quiet, and though I sensed something was amiss, he didn't want to talk about it.