Chapter 38

Hazel POV

Chloe arrived on monday night as I lounged on the sofa, absorbed in the TV. She burst in, reading me like an open book.

"Hi, Chlo, how was the photoshoot?" I greeted her.

"No. Don't 'hi Chlo' me. I kept calling you this weekend, and someone's boyfriend answered at 2 am!" She yelled and looked at me from head to toe. "Oh my god. You didn't," she exclaimed, eyes widening. I blushed and nodded. "Omg, you did!" she squealed.

"It's not that big a deal," I blushed.

"Girl, I'm just happy for you," she gushed, settling beside me. "Tell me everything!"

"What? No, that's private," I replied, rising from the sofa and retreating to my room.

"Girl, I need the details," she insisted, trailing after me.

"Chloe, that's between us. I know I tell you everything, but this is different," I explained, perching on my bed.

"Ugh, fine," Chloe conceded, joining me. "Just tell me this, are you happy?" she inquired.

"I am," I smiled.

"Good. That's all I need. So, tell me, why aren't you with him right now?" she teased.

"Chloe," I chided, giving her a playful shove.

"What? When I discovered sex, I was horny 24/7," she chuckled.

"Chlo!" I exclaimed.

"Fine, fine, I'll stop. Why don't we have dinner and catch up?" she suggested.

"Sounds good," I agreed.

The following weeks unfolded in pure bliss. Chloe's words were true – Aiden and I couldn't seem to keep our hands off each other. With Aiden's roommate moving out, I found myself practically living in his apartment. It felt like it was just the two of us, creating our own intimate bubble.

"Want to hang out with Alice this weekend?" Aiden proposed as we prepared to leave the office on Friday night.

"Of course! Where are we going?" I asked, excited about our plans.

"Alice wants to go to the arcade," Aiden replied.

"Sounds fun," I said.

"I'll meet you guys after the hospital," I added.

"Can't you skip the hospital for once?" Aiden grumbled, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Aiden, you know I love volunteering," I reminded him.

"Yeah, I know. Is Dr. Anderson going to be there?" he asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

I couldn't help but smile. "Yes, Dr. Anderson will be there. So that's what this is about – you're jealous of the doctor," I teased.

"What? No," he denied.

I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Don't worry; I love you, Aiden."

He hugged me back, kissing the top of my head. "I love you too."

"Come on, we should get going. I promise to make it up to you today," I said, leading the way.

Aiden smirked and followed. "I'm definitely looking forward to that," he replied as we left together.