Chapter 24

Hazel POV

I heard the doorbell ring. It must be Michael. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi, Michael," I greeted him, my voice betraying me.

"Ready to go?" He asked, and I nodded. "You look beautiful by the way," he said, and I blushed.

"Thank you," I replied.

We walked to his car and he opened the door for me. "Thanks," I said.

He then sat in the passenger seat and started driving. "I hope you don't mind. I made dinner reservations at my favorite French restaurant." He said.

"That works," I said.

As we were driving, I knew I had to come clean.

"Michael," I said.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Thanks for agreeing to see me," I said.

"The pleasure is all mine. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised when I received your message," he replied, his voice filled with genuine enthusiasm.

"Um, that's the thing. I didn't send the message. Chloe did. She took my phone, and she sent you that message, " I said, feeling guilty. I should have come clean earlier.

"Oh, I see," he said, looking a little down. "Do you want me to take you back home?" He asked.

"What? No. Well, unless you want to take me home, " I replied, not knowing what to say.

He then smiled at me. "No, I really would like to take you to dinner," he said.

"Thanks for understanding, Michael," I said.

"It's no problem. This whole misunderstanding just got a date with a beautiful girl." He said, and I blushed.

We arrived at the restaurant and Michael opened the car door for me. We walked to the entrance and entered the restaurant. He gave the hostess his name and told us to wait a moment.

As we waited for our table at the restaurant, a familiar face caught my attention. Aiden walked in, accompanied by a stunning woman. Jealousy surged within me, but I masked it with a calm exterior.

"Hazel," he said, surprised to see me. Then he saw Michael. "Dr. Anderson, " he said.

"Mr. Jameson, good to see you."Michael replied.

"Good to see you, Doctor," Aiden said.

Then the woman spoke, "aernt you going to introduce me, babe?" She said, bathing her eyeslas at Aiden.

Thankfully, the hostesses interrupted "Dr. Anderson, your table is ready, " she said.

"Oh, perfect, thank you," he said. "Excuse us," he said, gesturing me to go first. I quickly glanced at Aiden, who was looking at me. He seemed angry. I pushed the thought away and then made my way into the restaurant.

Michael held out the chair for me, and I said, "Thank you"and sat down.

Michael sat down in front of me and asked, "Have you ever had French food, Hazel?"

"No, I haven't." I replied.

"Then please, may I order for you?" He asked me.

I smiled up at him "sure" I said.

"Perfect!" He said. He called the waiter over and ordered our food.

"How was the hospital event today?" I asked.

"To be honest with you. Boring. It was a children's charity event, but honestly, it's an event where snobby rich people go show off the fact that they have money." He said.

"That sounds a little sad." I said. "It should be about the kids."

"It unfortunately never is," he said.
"But let's not talk about the hospital," he said. "Let's talk about you," he said.

"Me?" I asked, surprised. "What about me?"

"Well, tell me about yourself." He said.

"Well, I'm not sure what to say. I used to work as a temp, but a couple of months ago, I got hired as a secretary at Aiden's law firm. Umm, I don't know what else to say." I blushed a little.

"Anything you can share with me. I think you're a very interesting person, Hazel Hart, " he said.

I once again blushed. "Not really," I said.

"I beg differ," he said. I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

Thankfully, the waitress brought us our food.

We started eating and the food was delicious. "Michael, this is delicious," I said.

He smiled at me. "I'm glad you like it," he said. Just then, his phone rang. He looked at it and stood up. "Exuse me," he said. I nodded, and he walked to a quiet area in the restaurant.

I couldn't help myself, and I looked over at Aidens' table. He had his back to me. I could only see the gorgeous women sitting in front of him.

Michael came back. "I'm so sorry, Hazel, but I have to go. I'm the on call doctor at the hospital, " he said.

"Oh, that's ok." I said.

"I already paid for pur dinner. I wish i could drive you back to your apartment, but there's an emergency, " He said.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take a cab, and please let me pay you, " I replied.

"Please, it's on me. Call me if you ever want to go on another date, " he said, smiling at me. "Bye, Hazel," he said.

"Bye," I said, and he walked away.

I decided there was no use in me staying and having dinner alone. I called the waiter, who told me everything was paid for, and I thanked her and stood up to leave.