chapter 29

I couldn't be more happier than ever that it was Sunday today. Okay, I know I always love Sundays because I could sleep late in and enjoy the day with my laptop all I want. But today I was more thankful because I had no idea how would I face Arnav.

The little stunt that Arnav pulled yesterday has made me a red tomato everytime I think about it.

I was saved yesterday from any more conversation with Arnav due to Arti dee. Thank god for her calling just two minutes after the whole thing.

Misha had fallen asleep and also they had to attend a party at night so they had to leave.

For the first time, I was happy that he was leaving. I couldn't handle so much lovey-dovey Arnav at once. I was used to the arrogant, sometimes sweet and silent, ignorant Arnav who used to be my Mr. Rude. Sudden changes were drastic for my equilibrium.

When I had went down for breakfast, Mamma was telling Papa everything that happened yesterday.

Papa wished he could have met Misha as he loved kids a lot.

After that there was some teasing part which involved me teasing Sonal dee about Kratik Jiju.

Kratik Jiju or soon to be my Jiju was going back on Next Sunday so the engagement ceremony was decided to be held on next Friday.

Papa had already started making arrangements for it. Both the family wished to have a small gathering rather than big one. Only close relatives were going to be invited. But Indian weddings are Indian and that means those close relatives were enough people to make it a medium sized party.

It was actually a get together so that both the families could know better about each other.

Didi and I were going to do dress shopping tomorrow after I returned back from School.

But I was teasing Dee because today Kratik Jiju had asked Dee to meet him at coffee shop and being the good soon to be son in law he first asked my parents permission with the condition that I accompany Dee.

"Uncle, I want to ask your permission to allow Sonal to meet me at the cafe with Aesha today evening. I wanted to ask you first before asking Sonal so that we meet only if you allow" Thats the way Kratik Jiju won the lottery to my parent's heart.

This had really impressed my parents and they were now a little relaxed and confident over their decision. They knew their daughter was going to be in safe hands.

My parents kept saying "Aaj ke zamaane me bhala kaun pahale maa baap ko puchte? Ladka bahut achcha baccha he" (Now-a-days, who asks permission of parents first? He is a very good boy).

I knew Kratik Jiju would want some alone time with Dee. And I would try to give them some privacy.

After breakfast, we both sisters went to Dee's room to talk with two bowls of choco chip ice cream, my favorite. I don't need any specific time to eat ice cream. I am always ready.