chapter 20

Arnav's pov

I met Peter outside of Aesha's house. Aesha's mother was sitting at the stairs of her house. Her face was red from all the crying.

I went near her and bent down to her level. I took her hands in mine. Thats when she looked up.

"Don't worry aunty, we will find her. I promise" I promised her staring straight to her eyes.

A fresh round of tears fell from her eyes and she clasped my hand tighter.

"Thank you" She said with the strained voice.

"Believe me, we will find her safe and sound but please go inside and lie down comfortably. Do you want Aesha to feel guilty? She will blame herself if something happens to you."

She nodded her head and I helped her stood up. I knew she wouldn't be getting any rest. She was a mother and her child was in jeopardy.

"Son, are you Arnav?" Her mother asked.

I was a little surprised how did she know about me. In these chaos, I had forgotten to introduce myself. It wasn't important at the moment.

I just nodded my head.

"She talks about you and from what I have heard you are a nice boy"

I was happy to hear that Aesha had talked about me and that also good things.

"Thank you"

"Nice boy! This is that boy with whom I saw Aesha! And you are complimenting him?" A old woman draped in white saree came out. A luggage bag was in her hand.

"Maa! Don't you say anything else" Aesha's mother tried to warn her.

She was the grandmother Aesha was upset about. She had been crying that day because of her. I remebered all the things she told me how much complicated their relationship was.

"Why wouldn't I? That girl disgraced us." The old woman then turned towards me "You boy, haven't your parents taught you whats wrong and right? Don't you have some respect?"

"Enough maa! You cannot just come here and blame anyone just because you have misconceptions. You have no right to accuse my daughter or her friend. These children have a much better heart and morals than you. It would be better if you please leave at this instant." Aunty's words clearly showed that her patience was over. She had tolerated all she could but no more.

"I am leaving. I was just waiting for taxi. I don't want to stay a single second here with that girl" It was suprising to see so much hatred could exist.

No more words were said as the taci arrived and Aesha's grandmother left.

Aunty fell down because of the emotional breakdown. Peter and I ran towards her to support her.

"Sonal dee!" Peter said looking up.

I looked up to see a girl with similar features as Aesha. I realised she was Aesha's sister.

She came forward and took her mother in her arms and tried to soothe her with words.

It was a big day for Aesha's mother as she was in a situation where she had to choose between her daughter and her mother.

"You both go and search for her. I am here" Sonal dee said. Her eyes were also red.

We both nodded and turned back but we heard a thank you behind us.

Peter and I decided to part ways and search the areas left out.

After lots of searching, I was unsuccessful. It was stressing me out with worry.

Then I  remembered something so I went to that place with full hope and what I saw was heart breaking.

Sorry if its not good. I don't have much experience in male pov. Thank you