•|1|• ÑÎKKÁH

"Do you, Ayéda Shahzaib Khan, daughter of Shahzaib Khan accept Zayyan Zaydan Malik to be your husband with the haq mahr of $100,000USD"? Asked the priest, I looked around and saw everyone's happy smiley faces

I am hell sure he don't want this nikkah but i can't say i don't want this nikkah as this was my father's last wish and i with all my heart respect it.

If he don't want this nikkah then my situation is no different from him. It is just for my parents, my this family who gave me utter most love and care that i didn't even knew existed in this world after the betrayal of my so called family.

I love them and can do anything for them. I took a deep breath and recited some Surahs internally. This is what i learned from my Hayat Mama to keep my nerves calm and collected.

"I d-do" I stuttered but still managed to voice out.

I turned to my right side to look at Mama Jaan and as usual she was looking at me lovingly. No one forced me to marry Zayyan, they told me about the request from my father and the final decision was left on me.

I did what my heart told me. I fulfilled everyone's wish and the second reason was, i Don't even in my worst and wildest dreams can think to leave my this family. To keep them close for the lifetime i agreed. I know i sound selfish but for me they are the only loved ones what i have left in this world, my family who i trust the most.

Priest asked me again and i uttered 'I Do' twice. Mama kissed my forehead and Dadi Jaan who was on my left side kissed my head.

Then came Nani Jaan, Nana Jaan and Dadu. They also kissed my forehead and my lips curled up in a very small smile. This was my family who love me more than my fake family.

Hayfa my best friend and now my sister in law comes to my side kissing my both cheeks she whispered yelled in my ear. "Congratulations Meri Jaan. Oh! I am so happy, you are going to stay with me forever now" She was way more excited than me. I arched my one eyebrow at her before teasing her. "Are you not going to get married"? She scoffed in irritation but there was a hidden smile beneath that facade. "Way to ruin my mood Eda" I passed her a small smile.

Hayfa came yesterday with Zayyan from America as she was studying there. I was asked to go to America for my further studies but i refused because i wasn't ready to face those fake people. I very well know i am scared. So, I went to Canada for my further studies. I came back 2 years ago.

I heard priest asking Zayyan and for the very first time in the day, I dared a glance at him.

He answered 'I Do' thrice in a go after priest asked him thrice. It was like he wanted to finish this quickly. His voice was as usual stern and authoritive. There was literally no emotion in him.

He was wearing white sherwani which fitted him in the right places showing his well built body. A Rolex watch was adorning his right wirst with the bunch of veins bulging out and a gold ring in his slender long ring finger.

His face was devoid of any expression. Ignoring his expression i examined his handsome face. A full size forehead which was covered from his bangs, His perfectly trimmed eyebrows, his beautiful yet enchanting blue eyes, his knife like sharp jaw and at last his beautiful pinkish lips. All in all he was perfect but to my unfortunate luck not for me.

I don't love him or anything but i atleast don't hate him. I don't know why he don't like me. From the day i came to this house, he gave me his cold shoulder and always glaring eyes.

He was dangerous that i knew so i always kept my distance. I don't like to talk much and surprisingly he also, so we haven't had any proper talk before. Just yesterday he came from America after whole 7 years completing his MBA and today is our Nikkah. I don't know what took him 7 years to come back but anyway none of my business.

I was eight when i came in this house and some months back i turned 25 Alhumdulila! «All praise is to Allah, the lord of many worlds»
How fast time runs, it looks like that i came to this house yesterday and it's been 17 years. It's been long.

I came out of my thoughts when i heard congratulations around and i realized i was truly and rightfully His now.

There was a unknown feeling in me that i can't describe in words. I felt content and Satisfied. I felt a sudden rush of excitement in me. I don't know what is happening but something was surely happening.

I slowly glanced towards him and as usual his face was devoid of any expression. One thing i know for sure, he didn't wanted me to be his wife.

"He is all yours now. So, please stop gawking at him Eda" I turned and saw Hayfa smirking at me.

I wanted to say 'I wasn't checking him out' but held my words to my throat.
I gave her 'You Done' look and she said excitedly "No! I am not done yet"

I sighed knowing my best friend very well. She is a chatter box whereas i likes to stay quiet.

I don't like to talk much. I was once a bubbly little girl but that one fateful night took away my smile, My parents, My everything.

But I am billions of time thankful to My Allah! For giving me this lovely family. Who loves me as their own daughter. I must have done some good deed to have them in my life to who i can truly call my family.

 I must have done some good deed to have them in my life to who i can truly call my family