Chapter 11

Sholley Estate Gun range 2:35am, Sholley walked into the range, watching as Grider hit four bullseyes in a row.
"Where did you learn to shoot like that?", Sholley asked.
"Marine recon, I was a sniper," Grider replied.
"I was told your also a mechanical and tech wizard," Sholley replied.
"I wouldn't say I am wizard, but I do know way around vehicles, computers, computer systems in vehicles," Grider replied as he popped the clip from the gun.
"What else are you good with?", Sholley asked.
"I can field strip, clean, put back together, and reload a weapon in under twenty seconds, all while hanging upside down," Grider replied.
"Nice, when are you coming in?", Sholley asked.
"Here in a few minutes, what's up?", Grider fired back.
"It's seems that there's something wrong with my filing software," Sholley told him.
"Okay, I am on my way," Grider replied.
    They walked into his office where his brother Max was sitting behind Sholley's laptop with a perplexed look on his face.
Grider eased forward from behind Max.
"Looks like your software is trying to crash the computer," Grider replied hitting the F4 key.
The computer rebooted and the software restarted.
Max glared up at him;"how'd you know what to do?" He asked.
"F4 always reboots and restarts everything except for targeting software, everyone knows that," Grider responded.
"Sorry you must excuse Max, he graduated tech school from the university of dumbbell," Sholley told him.
"Oh in the town Dumbbells, Ireland," Grider joshed.
"Exactly," Sholley replied lighting a cigar.
     Grider continued helping them until 3:45 and then went to bed.
Visions of the missions that he'd been on rampaged through his head at one hundred miles an hour, causing him to have tremors in his sleep.
He finally got the tremors to stop and went to sleep.
     UCO Campus Police department Edmond, Oklahoma 5:55am, Manning and Harrison walked into the main office.
A Lieutenant named Collier walked in and greeted Harrison.
"It's been a long time since we've seen you here," Collier said.
"That it has been, this is my partner Special Agent Manning," Harrison introduced.
"I am well burst about Special Agent Manning," Collier replied showing them to the meeting room.
   The Chief walked in and started telling them everything they had on the haze distribution.
Harrison looked at him for a moment;"how long has it been going on?", He asked.
"It's been several weeks and we've had four deaths due to overdose, one looked like murder," he responded.
"Was one of the student overdoses someone close to you?", Harrison asked noticing the look on his face.
"The last one was my son, and it looked like he was forced into it," he responded.
"That's typical of these guys to do if your boy got too close to what was going on," Harrison smirked.
"Do you want me to stay out of this?", He asked.
"If you think your son being one of the victims might cloud your ability to be objective," Manning replied.
    One of the detectives walked into the room.
"We've got intell of shipment coming in over at the Baptist church baseball field down the street on Black welder," he told them.
Manning looked up from the map on the table;"when is it coming in?", He asked.
"In two days and it looks like they're getting ready for a party," the detective replied.
"Well, let's rain on their parade," Manning replied.
"Let's do it," the Chief said.
    Manning called Gibson and asked him for more help in the next couple of days.
Gibson said that they needed to wrap some stuff up and they'd be there.
"We've got help on the way, should be here tomorrow sometime," Manning told them.
    An officer ran into the room and told them that they'd just brought in a group of students for dealing.
Manning and Harrison sauntered up to the interrogation room window, where two men were talking with a male and a female.
"They haven't been able to get anything out of them yet," the detective outside told them.
"Are these the only people you got, where did you take them down?", Special Agent Scott Holmes asked as he walked up.
"These are the only ones we caught, we caught them outside of Evans Hall," he responded.
"How did you get them?", Harrison asked.
"Undercover sting, they tried to sell our girl these," he responded handing Harrison a baggie of yellow capsules.
   Harrison looked at the capsules in the baggie.
"You know what these are made to look like?" Harrison questioned.
"Gabapentin?", Manning guessed.
"Exactly, the only thing that they don't have are identification numbers," Harrison replied.
A detective looked at them for a moment;"what do you mean identification numbers?" She asked.
"Every pill or capsule is identified for purity standards by the number on it," Harrison told her.
"How do you that?", She asked.
"I was a corman and I also study pharmacology, seeing as how my wife is a pharmacist," Harrison replied.
"So if we come across anyone taking pills with no identification numbers that look like Gabapentin, it's probably Purple Haze?", She asked.
"Or anyone who is down with a bag or bottle of them," Harrison replied.
   Harrison and Manning walked into the room and sat down across from them.
The girl glanced up at him.
"So the campus couldn't handle us, so they sent feds into mop their mess," she laughed.
"Drop it and tell us where you got the capsules," Manning snapped.
"If we tell you, it could get us killed," she responded.
"Look you've got scores of fellow students in the hospital due to these things, all of them are saying they got them from you, where did you get them?!", Harrison snapped.
"Some guy in freaking lab coat was handing them out in front of Murdaugh Hall a couple of days ago," she said.
   Harrison eased forward in his chair.
"Do you think we're buying that?", He asked.
"Okay look this guy in a lab coat caught up to outside Murdaugh Hall a couple of days ago wanting to know if we wanted to make extra money selling for him, we didn't know," the guy told him.
"Maybe you should watch yourself around people in lab coats from now on, what did this guy look like?", Manning put in.
"About five feet four inches tall, red hair, blue eyes, he was wear beige slacks, white shirt, red tie, and a lab coat," the guy told them.
    Manning glared at them for a second;"did he have a name tag or something on?", He asked.
"Come to think of it, no just the coat," the guy answered.
"How old would you say he was, how much of the drug did he give you?", Manning asked.
"Forty maybe fifty, he gave a box of about forty bags," the guy responded.
   They finished up and walked out after an hour.
Harrison, Manning, and Walker grabbed two officers and headed down to the first downstairs apartment across from Seven Eleven.
Harrison put the key in the door lock and they made their way in.
One of the officers looked at them;"what are we looking for?", She asked.
"Two small boxes of baggies," Harrison replied walking into the master bedroom.
Harrison called Manning and Walker into the room after finding the closet door to be locked.
"I think I know where the boxes are," he told them kicked the door in.
The boxes laid taped up on the floor.
Walker knelt down and cut open the top of the first box.
Inside were about twenty baggies and four hundred thousand dollars in cash.
"They've sold half of these, and it looks like they're planning a vacation," Walker said holding up the cash and plane tickets to Florida.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.