Chapter 17

GIS headquarters Edmond police building on First Street Edmond, Oklahoma 10:55am, Milgard walked into Gibson's office and sat down.
"What's going on Alyson?", Gibson asked.
"I was wondering what kind of training I would need to become an agent," she responded crossing her long legs.
Gibson eased forward in his chair;"have you seen any military service?", He asked.
"Marines, four tours in Afghanistan," she replied.
"Any college degrees?", He asked.
"Masters in Criminal and abnormal psychology from the University of Montreal," she replied.
Gibson nodded;"I guess you found out that our agency is looking at starting a BAU?", He said.
"I have, and that would be a dream job for me," she responded.
"Apply for the academy in Boulder," Gibson replied.
   Angel walked in pulling on her coat;"we got reports of a man with a hostage at the Nigh University Center," she told them.
"That's a campus police matter," Gibson replied.
"Shana is the hostage," Angel replied.
"Let's go," Gibson replied.
    University of Central Oklahoma campus, Nigh University Center, Edmond, Oklahoma 11:25am, Angel and the others pulled into the parking lot and walked up to the officer in charge.
"What happened?", Angel asked.
"Agent Radford and her partner were investigating a drug deal going on upstairs, when the dealers knocked her partner out and took her hostage," he responded.
"Where upstairs is she being held, how's Jake?", Harrison asked.
"As far as we know Jake's been pretty bad, and agent Radford is chained to a chair in the second ballroom on the right," he responded.
   Gibson glared at him for second;"how many people are up there with them?", He asked.
"A team of twenty dealers holding about fifteen hostage along with your agents," he responded.
Navarro looked up the outside of the building.
"What're you thinking?", Gibson asserted.
"How would you feel about keeping their leader talking, while I scale the side of building?", Navarro breathed.
"You think you can do it and get inside without being detected?", Angel asked.
"Without being detected might be a long shot, but I can get into the building," Navarro replied.
"At this point, I might be willing to try it, but take Walker with you for backup," Angel returned lighting a cigarette.
The officer glared at her.
"Until my people are out of there, I will smoke on campus," she told him.
    Angel watch as Navarro and Walker got ready to make their climb up the wall.
She also asked Harrison and Berea to make their way inside and upstairs to draw attention away from Navarro and Walker.
Angel picked up the phone and called to the leader inside.
   The leader walked over to the ringing phone;"what do you want?!", He shouted into the phone.
"I am GIS Special Agent Angel Peace, how many people are you holding up there?", She asked.
"I don't know fifteen maybe twenty, with two of your people," the leader responded.
"Are any of them, or in need of medical attention?", She asked.
"One of your sissy agents does," he responded.
"Would it be possible for us to send in paramedics to treat our agent?", Angel asked.
"You think I am going let you all send undercover agents disguised as medics to take us down, I don't think so," He retorted.
"I assure you that won't happen, please let us send our guy some help," she pleaded again.
   The guy slammed the phone down and glared down at Jake.
"Special Agent Brody, it seems your people really want me to let you go," He laughed lighting a cigarette.
"And you think they'd send agents disguised as paramedics into take you down, Angel is smarter than that," Jake choked.
Shana glared up at him from her chair;"he's right, and he might last much longer without help, and if dies, that's a murder charge," she told him.
   University of Central Oklahoma campus Nigh University Center Edmond, Oklahoma 11:45am, The leader paced the floor as the clock continued to tick past moments in it's face.
Jake eased himself up along the wall, getting to his feet with a cough.
The glared at him with an arrogant grin;"you're really looking rough, can I help you?", He growled extending his hand.
Jake reached up to grab his hand.
The man helped him, landed a hard punch to his face, knocking Jake out cold to the ground again.
Shana wriggled side to side in her chair.
"Awee the little lady agent has a thing going with this half dead creton," the leader laughed.
    Navarro and Walker make their way onto the patio, as Harrison and Berea made their way towards the elevator.
A young couple tried to get on with them and two officers held them off explaining the situation.
Agents Heath and Hicks made their way to the stairs and slowly began making their way up.
Once on the first platform, they stopped and waited until they heard the elevator make it's stop on the floor.
Walker and Navarro waited out on the patio to hear the ding of the elevator bell.
   The elevator bell sounded and the teams made their way onto the floor.
Two armed guards fired at Walker and Navarro.
Walker found refuge behind a wall and Navarro slinked into the bathroom, making sure his gun was ready.
Walker fired back at the guards, killing one of them.
Navarro quickly fired a shot back at the other man, making him fall to the floor wounded.
   Heath and Hicks subdued the next two guards, throwing them down the stairs.
They made their way outside the doors of the ballroom slowly.
Walker and Navarro slinked into the room nextdoor, making their way through the kitchen.
Navarro slowly cracked open the door, taking a look of the situation inside.
"Looks like we've got at least twelve more armed guards in there, Jake's knocked out on the floor, he's bleeding pretty bad, and Shana is chained to a chair in the middle of the room," Navarro radioed in.
"Any other hostages?", Angel asked.
"There's about sixteen people in there, looks like one of them might be about to have a heart attack," Navarro radioed back.
   Angel eased forward walking into the main room.
"Is there anyway we can get in their with medical personnel?", She asked.
"We've got the front doors to the room sealed," Hicks radioed in.
"We can't make our way in through the front, they'll kill people in there for sure," Angel breathed.
"Make your way upstairs, I have an idea," Walker said.
"Okay, where do I meet you?", She asked.
"Glass cases at the opposite side of the hall," Walker answered.
"Right," she responded making her way upstairs.
   Angel met Walker at the opposite side of the hall.
"How long do you think the heart patient has before he attacks out?", She asked.
"From what I saw, he has on the upside maybe twenty minutes," Walker replied.
"Downside?", She persuaded.
"Maybe ten to fifteen minutes," Walker responded.
"Dammit, how do we get in there?", She asked.
"We could use the kitchen access door," Walker said.
Angel shook her head;"too many people going through one door," she said.
   Navarro walked out to meet with them.
"We could still use the kitchen door and have the medics wait in here until we signal them to come in," Navarro told them.
"Okay but, the medics need to be under guard," Angel replied.
"We'll guard them," Harrison replied.
    They met with the medics at the end of the hall and told them everything.
They understood and stepped into the kitchen.
Angel and the others swooped into the room and fistfights started.
The fights ended as the leader shuffled out into the hallway through another door, knocked Hicks to the floor and took off.
Heath made sure his partner was okay and took off after him.
   The leader took off out the backdoor and down the sidewalk.
Heath was in hot pursuit as he dashed out onto the main walkway firing two shots through the crowd at Heath.
Heath jumped the leader at the top of the backstairs of Old North, knocking him to the ground.
The man got up, drawing a knife from his pocket.
The man swung the knife at him.
Heath blocked each swing, finally throwing him over his shoulder, the man fell onto his knife and tumbled down the stairs dead on his back at the bottom.
Angel and Gibson ran through Old North holstering their weapons as they walked out through the doors.
"Where's the leader?", Angel asked.
"Downstairs," Heath answered walking away.
    They headed back to the Nigh and got there as Jake and the others were being hawled out on stretchers.
Shana walked out of the building and was met by the others outside.
"It took long enough," she joked.
"We didn't want to get you all killed, how's Jake?", Angel asked.
"He'll be fine, I need to get my report done," she said as she walked off.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.