Chapter 25

Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 2:25am, Gillian sat down behind her desk, lighting a cigarette and glaring up at Guillermo.
"Tomorrow night is the opening, are we gonna be ready?", She asked letting out a puff.
"Security has informed me that everything is in place," Guillermo replied.
"Good, make sure that they keep an out for Grider, they did get him out alive," she responded letting out a puff.
Guillermo rolled his eyes at her;"one mistake and I don't live it down," he sighed.
"One mistake among what seems like hundreds," she responded letting out another drag and flicked ash in the desk tray.
  Max walked in giving an exasperated look.
"How is a man supposed to be getting any sleep around here?", He asked.
"We're just getting the rest of the plans for tomorrow night done," Gillian replied putting out her cigarette.
"Are you all about done?", He asked.
"Just finished," she answered.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 2:34am, Gibson looked up at the viewer in the meeting room looking at the plans.
Angel walked into the room with Samantha and sat down.
"I feel like I'm dead, this thing has kept me up," Angel breathed.
"Go to your hotel and get some rest, we'll handle the rest of the plans," Gibson replied.
"Are you sure?", Angel asked.
"Yeah, we've got it," Gibson replied.
    Fairfield Marriott on Covell Rd Edmond, Oklahoma 3:05am, Angel pulled into the parking lot and walked through the lobby and headed up to her room on the second floor using the elevator.
She put the key card in the door and walked into the room to see a woman sitting in the chair waiting for her.
She glared down at the figure in the chair.
"Hunter, what're you doing here?", She asked startled by her.
"You're son is in danger if you carry this raid tomorrow night," she warned.
"What do you mean?", Angel asked.
"That's all I have for you at the moment," Hunter replied.
   Angel eased back onto the bed, shaking her head;"don't give me that crap, two seconds before I make you regret your last words," Angel replied grabbing her by the lepels of her jacket and slamming her against the wall.
Hunter put her hands up;"easy, easy, all I know is the rumor that's flying around," she said.
"Start freaking talking now!", Angel growled.
    Angel released her and threw her into the chair.
"Word is that Max Sholley's sending men to hit Russell Daugherty Elementary school and take your boy in the process," Hunter told Angel.
"Where did you find this out?", Angel asked.
"Will you keep my source a secret, he's really trying to stay beneath the radar," Hunter replied.
"Mum's the word," Angel replied.
"Mister Cryer, the assistant principal, he heard some parents talking about it, don't know how they got the information," Hunter replied.
"We're gonna get you into protection," Angel told her.
"I refuse to testify," Hunter replied.
They finished up and Hunter left.
   Angel slipped out of her clothes and headed for the shower she turned the shower on and stepped in, letting the hot water soothe her aching muscles.
After she got out of the shower, she called Paul's dad and asked him if Paul got home from school okay the day before.
"Yeah, he's good just sleeping," he answered.
"Has anyone been watching him?", Angel asked.
"Come to think of it, we have been being followed by a gray Dodge Daytona license plate Hostile," he responded.
"Okay, have you done anything I taught you?", She asked.
"I managed to loose him yesterday, why?", He shot back.
"It has to do with the case I'm on right now," she responded.
    Angel finished up and called Gibson, telling him to send people out to watch Paul, and gave him Paul's dad's address.
Gibson sent Manning and Walker out to watch the place.
Angel laid down in the bed and fell asleep.
   Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 8:45am, Angel walked into her office and sat down.
"How're you doing sis?", Gibson asked as he walked in.
"Okay thanks, just still a little tired," she breathed taking a sip of coffee.
"Everything is gonna be alright," Gibson assured her.
"I sure as hell hope so, I have already had to give a daughter up for adoption, I don't know what I would do if I lost him," she responded.
  They finished up plans for the raid that night and started checking and cleaning their weapons.
Berea clicked clips into his pistols and got his sawed off shotgun ready.
Gibson looked at Berea for a moment;"you think all of that is gonna be necessary?", He asked.
"Never too late to be prepared," Berea responded loading the last weapon.
"Just remember, you and your crew will be outside the back of the building," Gibson replied.
"Yeah, I know," Berea told him.
    Angel and Gibson stepped in front of everyone in the meeting room, putting the building specs on the view screen.
"We're gonna hit smooth and quiet, so that way they don't know we're coming," Angel began.
"What about our people on the inside, are getting them out first?", Jake asked.
"You and your people are in charge of getting out on your own, we will try to provide cover," Gibson replied.
"I want a shot at the other two bastards who crippled me," Jake replied.
"You're gonna get your chance," Gibson told him.
"Awesome, I really appreciate it," Jake replied straightening up in his chair.
They finished up and headed back to work.
   Gibson answered his cell phone and hung up.
He dashed into Angel's office and put his head in the door;"that gray car was just spotted pulling in behind the school," Gibson told her.
"How many people in the car?", Angel asked.
"Four, and they all look pretty well armed," Gibson replied.
"Get everyone evacuated and let's go," Angel snapped.
"Evac is almost done, they pulled in just as school was starting," Gibson replied.
"Keep Swat off this thing my son is out there," Angel told the Chief.
"Right, we've got them pulled in at the bank across the street," he responded.
    Russell Daugherty Elementary School Edmond, Oklahoma 9:36am, Angel and the others pulled into the school parking lot and made their way around to the school yard.
Angel and Gibson began looking for Paul.
A teacher walked up to them.
"Mrs. Self, where's Paul?", Angel asked.
"He's still in the building somewhere, he got separated from us," she responded.
Angel turned to into the building, her weapon drawn.
Mrs. Self grabbed her by the left arm;"where do you think you're going?", She asked.
"My son is in there and I'll be damned if I am gonna let him down," Angel replied.
   Gibson drew his weapon;"I've got your back, let's go," he told her.
Manning dashed up to them;"Walker just headed in there, holding me off, let's do it," he said drawing his weapon.
They darted in the backdoor and spread out.
Gibson headed towards the library and was shot at as he hit the door.
He hid behind a folded table and called for backup.
   Walker snuck in through the library's front door and got to where the men were crouched down behind a shelf close to the back, weapons drawn.
Walker sent an empty book cart down the isle towards them.
The men fired shots at the cart as it rolled towards them.
Walker quickly shuffled in behind the first man and knocked him out.
The other three men dashed out the backdoor with the side of Paul's head jammed by the front of the gun barrel.
   Thinking on his feet, Walker quickly sent another book cart flying into the small of the gunman's back, forcing him to drop his gun and let the child go.
Gibson quickly sent Paul dashing towards his mom.
She ran him out the backdoor and put him in the back of her car.
Another man fired four shots at her from the DMV parking lot across the street to the left.
   Angel motioned for her son to get down and fired two shots back at the man.
The man quickly got out of his hiding spot and was taken down to the ground by Manning and cuffed.
Angel radioed into Gibson and got no response.
   Gibson and Walker were busy chasing the men through the hallways of the school.
"Gibson, are you all alright?", Angel crackled over his earpiece as they got into the gym.
"Yeah we're in pursuit of two men, they've headed into the locker room of the gym," Gibson replied.
"You need help?", She asked.
"No, I don't think so," Gibson replied.
   Gibson and Walker headed into the room and split up.
One of the men headlocked Walker, trying desperately to overtake him.
Walker knocked the breath out of the man, sending him hunched over to the ground.
Walker watched as the other man flew through the air, hitting lockers back first and slinking in agony to the ground.
Walker looked over at Gibson, helping the other man to his feet;"that flying lesson ended abruptly, what caused it?", Walker joked.
"Lack of pilot lessons," Gibson replied with a sly grin.
   They led the men out and put them in the cars, and headed back to headquarters and sat down.
Angel looked at Paul as he played in the floor;" how're you doing kiddo?", Gibson asked as he walked in.
"Better now Uncle Gabriel," Paul replied.
"Just call me Uncle Gabe," Gibson replied.
Paul's dad walked into the office and sat down.
"What happens now?", He asked.
"We put you two in protective custody," she answered.
"Where are you going to take us?", He asked.
"A room is ready for you at The Fairfield Marriott, just down the hallway from mine," she responded.
   Navarro and Berea walked into the office.
"These are Special Agents Navarro and Berea, they're gonna take you to the room and get you settled in, no phone calls, stay away from the window, and make sure that you don't leave the room without an agent present," she told them.
"You've got it," Paul's dad answered.
    Gibson pulled Navarro and Berea aside.
"Harrison and Walker will relieve you all at midnight, you'll have the room down the hall from them," he told them.
"Right, you think that we should take the dad's phone to make sure he doesn't make any calls?", Navarro asked.
"You might want to but, make his work and family knows the situation first," Gibson replied.
"Way ahead of you, everyone knows," Angel added.
Navarro and Berea took them to the hotel and got settled in.
The others got back to work.