Chapter 12

UCO Campus police department Edmond, Oklahoma 7:30am, A Lieutenant walked into the coffee room and sat down.
Manning glared at him as he sat down.
"Did I disturb you Special Agent Manning?", He fired at Manning sarcastically.
Manning shook his head;" I just don't appreciate sarcasm from you is all."
The Lieutenant walked out of the room and Manning followed him out to his cruiser.
   The Lieutenant glared at Manning as he walked up.
"What do you want?", He asked.
"I know you are heading out on patrol and wondered if I could get a ride?", Manning asked.
"Where to?", He fired at Manning motioning for him to get in the car.
"Bank at the Nigh University Center," Manning replied.
"Okay," he returned.
    The cruiser pulled up at the backdoor of the building and they both walked into the place.
The Lieutenant walked passed the bank and up the stairs.
Manning finished his business and followed him up the stairs.
A man tackled Manning to the ground as he got to the top.
Manning flung the man over him and the man hit the floor back first with a thump, and agonized groan.
Manning walked over to him, throwing his heel into the guys chest.
"Why did you assault a federal agent?", Manning asked digging heel deeper.
"Some uniform walked up to me, and handed me two hundred dollars two jump you, he said that you thought it was funny," the man groaned.
    Manning let his heel off the man's chest and helped him up.
"Did you see which way the uniform headed?", Manning asked.
"He headed into the second ballroom on the left," he answered.
Manning thanked him and headed towards the ballroom slowly and went in through the kitchen.
The Lieutenant was talking with a man that stood over six feet six inches tall with long brown hair and brown eyes.
He wore a gray pinstriped suit, white shirt unbuttoned at the top with black socks and shoes.
The Lieutenant handed the man a baggie and collected a roll of money.
   Manning called in for backup and drew his weapon.
Harrison and Walker pulled in front of the door with two other cops, stationed them downstairs and dashed up the stairs.
Walker went in through the kitchen door as Harrison stayed at the door of the room.
"Federal agents freeze!", Manning shouted as they entered.
The man in the suit tried to dash out the and threw Harrison to the floor with bulldozing shove.
A campus cop met him at the foot of the stairs, throwing him against a wall, searching him and cuffed him.
Manning, Harrison, and Walker walked the Lieutenant down the stairs and handed him over to the police.
   One of the cops glared at the Lieutenant;"I can't believe this, this guy trained me," he said in disgust.
"Easy sergeant, he's only human and bound to make mistakes, this one will be pretty costly for him though," Harrison replied as they walked out.
"That it will," he answered.
    They took them into headquarters and put them in interrogation rooms.
A Captain glanced through the window at his brother in arm's.
"What happened at the Nigh?", He asked Manning as he walked up.
"Lieutenant paid a guy to jump upstairs and distract me as he made a buy," Manning replied handing the Captain the baggie.
"Did you test the contents of the bag?", He fired at Manning.
"One hundred percent pure purple haze," Manning told him.
"Maybe he was making an undercover buy, you know setting you up for the bust," he theorized.
"In uniform?", Manning asked with a grin.
The Captain nodded in agreement and asked if he could be in on the questioning.
"You want to try good cop, bad cop on a cop?", Manning smirked.
"It might be worth a shot," he responded.
    Manning shot him an arrogant grin and motioned for the Captain to follow him into the room.
They sat down across from the Lieutenant.
"Lieutenant Polanski, how long have you been using Purple Haze from the evidence locker to keep supply going to dealers?", The Captain asked.
"Since we started bringing the dealers in, I was doing great with it until Special Agent Manning asked me to take him to the bank," Polanski replied.
"You didn't think that we've been watching you?", The Captain asked.
   Polanski eased back in his chair;"why didn't you all bring me down?"
"We needed to catch you red-handed," The Captain replied.
Manning stood from his chair.
"Other than evidence, where else have you been getting the stuff?", Manning put in.
"Some lab coat over at Collier health," he returned.
"What time do you usually pick it up?", Manning persisted.
"He usually gets new batches done around midnight," the Lieutenant answered.
   Manning and the Captain walked out of the room about an hour later.
"So, how do you think I did in there?", The Captain asked with a grin.
"A few months of training at our academy in Boulder and you might make an agent yet," Manning replied.
   Manning walked out and headed across the street from the department and lit up.
Harrison walked out after him and joined him.
Manning looked at Harrison letting out a puff.
"How'd you do with the dealer?", Manning asked.
"Well, he lawyered up before we could get anything out of him," Harrison replied letting out a puff.
"You know, I went school here," Manning said letting out a puff.
"Yeah, I know masters in criminal psychology," Harrison replied letting out another puff.
    Harrison's phone went off and he answered it.
"Good to hear Angel, we sure could use it," Harrison replied hanging up his phone.
"What's that all about?", Manning asked.
"Angel and Gibson are headed out here with the others, should be here by one," Harrison replied.
"You're right about one thing, we do need the help," Manning replied letting out a drag.
    UCO police department Edmond, Oklahoma, 1:00pm, Angel and the others pulled into the parking lot and were stopped by an officer.
"You all are gonna have to get those cars out of here or get a ticket," he warned Angel.
"I'm Special Agent in charge Angel Peace GIS and these are my people, what's that about a ticket?", Angel laughed showing him her identification.
"I'm sorry, not used to dealing with feds," the officer replied.
"It's okay, show us to your chief," Angel replied with a grin.
    They were shown into the Captain's office and sat down.
The Captain walked in and introduced herself.
"We figured we'd come and give you all and our people a hand," Angel told her.
"You're people helped arrest one of my cops this morning, that leaves me two short," she responded.
Angel cocked her head;"do you know how many labs there are on campus?", She asked.
"As far as we know, there are three of them, the largest one being at Colliers health, where the nursing and pharmacy schools are," she answered showing them the campus map.
"Where are you going to make the first raid?", Angel responded.
"I was thinking that we let you take lead on the lab raids, and we'll handle investigating the department," she responded.
   Angel looked at her;"where are our people now?", She asked.
"The last time I saw them, they said they were headed to Flat tire to grab a bite," The Captain replied pointing them across the street.
"Thanks when we get back, we'll talk everything over with the department," Angel retorted.
"Right," she responded.
    They ate and headed back over to the department.
Angel went over everything with the department.
"Word is that the city cops and sheriff's have their hand's full trying to track down a warehouse somewhere in Edmond," an officer in the back chimed in.
"Our people are also working with them on that," Angel told them.
They finished up and Jake and Shana took a crew over to talk with the city police.