Chapter 27

Interurban bar and grill Danforth and Bryant Edmond, Oklahoma 1:25pm, Gibson and Angel walked in and identified themselves and asked to talk with the manager.
They told him about the meeting that was coming that night and told them that they were only going to be there to watch them, and bust was happening down the sidewalk at the old theater that night.
"Can we help you with anything?", The manager asked.
"Just make sure your customers know to stay away from that end of the walk tonight, we want to keep the casualties down," Gibson replied.
"Can't speak for the drunks that might come out of here, but we can do our best," the manager said.
"That's all we ask," Angel told her.
They thanked him and left to warn the other businesses.
They walked into the bookstore down the sidewalk and walked in.
A manager welcomed them as they walked in.
They identified themselves and were asked back to the office.
"We're going to be doing a bust at the old theater down the way tonight and ask that you try to keep your customers away, we're trying to keep casualties to a minimum," Angel told her.
"We're going to have a book signing tonight, maybe you all could have people on hand to warn them?", She suggested.
"We could have one of our people here to make an announcement before the author gets up to speak," Angel replied.
"That might work but, maybe they could stick around and keep them from going down there," she responded.
"We can do that," Gibson replied handing her a card.
They thanked her and walked down to the pet store down the sidewalk and talked to a manager who was sweeping the sidewalk, they told him everything and told them to do what they can to keep customers away.
She promised that they would try, but couldn't make any promises.
They met up with Tasha and Alyson who had just gotten through talking with everyone else.
"These people are being very cooperative," Tasha said.
"Sounds like it Tasha, you wanna go to a book signing tonight?", Angel asked.
"Bookstore down the sidewalk right?", Tasha asked.
"Yeah," Gibson replied.
"Sure," Tasha replied.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.
They were met by two detectives as they walked in.
"We were just talking with one of the guys we just brought in from the diner," the first detective said.
"What did you get?", Gibson asked.
"Not much, they just lawyered up," the detective answered.
"Damn, you all just couldn't freaking wait, could you?", Gibson fired at them.
"We just wanted to make sure we could get intelligence for you," the first detective said.
"Go sit in my office and wait for us to get there," Gibson snapped.
Angel pulled Gibson aside for a moment.
"They're just trying to help, be easy on them," Angel told him.
"I'll try," Gibson replied.
Gibson walked into his office and sat down across from them.
"I am going to try to be as nice about this as I can, these guys are always gonna lawyer when they see badges coming, you should know that by now," Gibson told them.
"We just weren't thinking straight, and are sorry for jumping the gun," the first detective said.
"Don't jump again, it might compromise the whole thing," Gibson replied.
"Yes, we know," they both replied.
Gibson watched as they left his office and Angel walked in.
"That was good," Angel breathed.
"Let's just hope that they truly got the drift," Gibson replied.
"I know what you mean," Angel replied.
Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 1:45pm, Guillermo walked into the office and sat down.
"I just got confirmation from Justice Brooks and his people," Guillermo told her.
Gillian leaned forward in her chair;"for the meeting or the party?", she asked.
"Both, he's not sure how long he and his people can be at the party," he responded.
"At least they're going to be there," Gillian replied.
"What about the rest of those who were invited?", she fired at him.
Guillermo straightened up in his chair;"they've confirmed for both," he told her.
"Wonderful, what the hell?", Gillian said turning up the TV.
The report was on the Special Agent who passed away from his wounds in the attack at the diner.
"Aster was arrested at scene and is the one fired the kill shot probably," Gillian stated.
"You want we should kill him?", Guillermo asked.
"No but, make sure our best lawyer is on sight when they question him," Gillian replied.
"I'm on it," Guillermo replied dialing the lawyers number.
"Let's make sure the others lawyer's get there as well," Gillian replied.
"Max just sent them," Guillermo responded.
Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 2:08pm, Angel and Gibson glanced up as nine men and women in suits walked into the lobby and sat down.
"These must be the lawyers," Angel guessed.
"Must be, let's go meet them," Gibson replied.
They walked out into the lobby and met up with them.
"You all are here to represent the people arrested at the diner," Gibson fired at the leader.
"That's right, where are they?", The leader asked.
"They're in rooms eighteen, nineteen, and twenty-two," Angel told them.
"Show us the way," the leader snapped.
"Okay," Gibson replied hitting the button to open the door.
Gibson, Angel, and two of the lawyers walked into room nineteen to talk with Aster, and the Lawyers asked to be left alone.
"Probably advising him to clam up, and let them handle it," Angel said.
"Either that or telling him to only say what is vital," Gibson guessed.
"Maybe we should interrupt their party," Angel replied.
Gibson grabbed her arm as she reached for the doorknob;"if I can get someone to confess to crimes they committed when they were kid's, I can handle it," Gibson told her.
The lawyers called for them to come in and they walked in and sat down.
"Connelly Aster, drug dealer, hired killer, and all in all sleaze eating maggot, you're a busy guy," Gibson began.
"Our client knows what the charges against him are, no need for nitpicking or name calling," the first lawyer told him.
"You're facing the death penalty for killing a federal agent, you might as well talk and get yourself a deal," Angel added.
"That deal would be," the lawyer shot back.
"Life without parole at Leven worth," Angel told them.
The lawyer encouraged him to help out and he told them everything he knew.
They joined the others in the hallway and went over everything that got from the others.
It wasn't much, it helped them to put more pieces together.
Tasha glanced over the reports on the diner shooting with a perplexed look on her face.
Gibson looked at her for a moment;"what's wrong?", He asked.
"I have been over and over these reports and none of them say much, it's like witnesses were scared out of talking," she responded.
"Or maybe some of the witnesses were accomplices," Gibson theorized.
"Maybe," she responded.
Mercy I-35 hospital Edmond, Oklahoma room 334 2:15pm, Samantha eased up in her bed, wishing she wasn't in the hospital bed, she wanted back out in the field.
This new state she found herself in made her feel as if she was failing her friends and the badge.
Her lunch tray stood empty, she ate although, she didn't feel hungry.
She cried, and it seemed like none showed up to dry her tears.
She prayed, feeling like the prayers fell on deaf ears.
Once again, she picked up the Bible The Chaplin had left her, trying to find some kind of solice to relax her racing thoughts.
She turned to Isaiah 40:30-31,"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Somehow she found strength to fight through this in these words.
She leaned back with a huge smile on her face.
She also found solice in Romans 8:1,"There is therefore no condomnation for those who are Jesus Christ."
She had slowly began to come back to her saviour as she read these scriptures, reaching for the hand that was reaching out to her.
She knew her condition in this bed wasn't definite, and she would be back to work soon.