Chapter 16

Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma, 4:19am, Gibson walked into his office to find a female detective waiting for him.
Gibson glared down at her;"detective Alyson Milgard, what can I do for you?", Gibson asserted.
"I have been on this thing since the beginning and was wondering if you could use my help?", She responded.
Alyson Milgard stood five feet eleven inches tall with long brown hair and brown eyes.
She wore a gray pantsuit white blouse and black boots.
Gibson looked at her for a moment, trying hard to cover a grin.
"You're a rookie detective aren't you?", He fired back at her.
"Yes, how did you know?", She said.
"The boots you're wearing aren't exactly indicative of someone who has been doing footwork for all that long," Gibson replied.
"Do you need my help or not?", She returned.
"Only if you promise to work with us and not try to race us," Gibson replied.
"I will," she said.
   Gibson stood from his chair and motioned for her to join him in front of the map on the wall.
She cleared her throat.
"Most of Sholley's activities have been centered around the middle schools and high schools, he knows we're watching elementary schools," she began.
"Sholley isn't the type to even sell to those who sell to little kids, it would bring to much heat to his doorstep," Tasha said as she walked in.
"How do you figure?", Milgard asked.
"Him being a father of a little girl himself, would probably find it sick to sell to little kids," Tasha explained.
"That might fit if I hadn't arrested two men claiming to work for Sholley selling out by Orvis Risener," Milgard replied.
Gibson shook his head;"those men later recanted and said they were working for a woman named Sholley, not a man."
   Milgard glared at him for a moment.
"You think there's actually a phantom woman?", She asked.
"I do, Sholley does have a sister who has been arrested for manufacturing and distributing drugs before in Texas," Gibson replied.
"Why would she migrate here?", Milgard asked.
"Okay, I'll bite, let's find her," Milgard replied.
      Gillian Sholley estate on Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 4:45am, Gillian Sholley stepped outside onto her patio and sat down.
A young man sat down at the table next to her.
"You figure the authorities have caught onto you yet?", He asked light a cigar.
"After Highcourt and Big deer gave me up, I think we might want to be watching ourselves," she responded pulling her robe over her bathing suit.
"For how long, we have a shipment coming in from New Jersey in two days," he said.
"We will be taking in shipment and making money my dear Strosser," she laughed as she stood took her robe off and jumped into the heated pool.
Strosser walked back as she swam up to the wall.
    Gillian heaved herself up to the sidewalk a sat with her feet in the pool.
She began thinking about the shipment and how they were going to get the shipment in without being detected.
She remembered that they had managed to use back roads to do it once before and knew that roads weren't being watched.
    Max Sholley estate outside Kicking Bird Golf course Edmond, Oklahoma 4:45am, Sholley sat in his office watching news of the latest bust on the TV with Guillermo.
"I can't believe this, they just took down another one of our shipments," Sholley growled.
Guillermo eased up in his chair lighting a cigarette.
"Gillian seems to be doing better than we are, her shipments aren't being detected," he responded.
"I knew setting up this close to town was a freaking mistake," Guillermo scoffed letting out a puff.
"We have got to donate more money to local causes," Sholley said.
"What's that gonna do, but draw attention to us, causing them to look into us more," Guillermo replied letting out a smoke ring.
"It'll show that we have some since of community pride," Sholley replied.
"I don't like it, but we need to do something to at least try to take the heat off us," Guillermo replied letting out a puff.
"Let's hope it works," Sholley said.
"Yeah," Guillermo replied putting his cigarette out in the ashtray beside him.
    St. John the Baptist Catholic Church Main office Edmond, Oklahoma 9:35am, news media gathered outside the building along with law enforcement as Sholley presented them with a check for ninety five thousand dollars to the church.
Church officials took the check and shook his hand in thanks.
   Sholley stepped down from the podium and shuffled up to Gibson with a grin.
"Better hope they don't find out where the money came from," Gibson told him.
"They won't know," Sholley replied.
    Baseball field outside of Highland Park Baptist Church Edmond, Oklahoma 10:05am, Angel and Gibson pulled into the parking lot and waited on everyone else to show up.
Navarro and the others pulled into the parking lot and walked up to Angel's car.
"Where's Manning?", Harrison asked.
"He said he'd be here soon," Angel replied.
"Have the police fanned out around here?", Wolf asked.
"Yeah, they're ready," Gibson replied as two black SUV'S pulled into the lot.
"Here we go everybody, get ready," Gibson radioed in.
    The armed figures walked past them and onto the field.
Two of the SUV'S parked down on the field and Grider exited one of them.
"Where's Sholley?", One of the men asked him.
"He's checking out storage facilities for the shipment, he sent me to oversee this," Grider replied lighting a cigarette.
"Show us the money, and you'll see the drugs," the man told Grider.
Grider pulled out the first of nine gym bags and unzipped it, showing them the money.
The man handed over a brick for testing.
Grider cut open the bag and tested it, motioned to the others that it was pure.
   Gordon, Harrison and a crew charged in from the right side of the field, while Navarro and Berea's crew swooped in from the back.
They took down the shipment without incident.
   As they were leading the dealers up the stairs, Angel pointed up the parking lot.
They saw two bycicles racing down hill of the lot.
The first figure raced down the hill to the top of the bleachers, hopped off the bike and leaped from the middle top step to the backstop and began climbing.
Manning did the same, climbing up after him.
Gibson looked up at the backstop watching the chase, shaking his head;"always the hard way," he laughed lighting a cigarette.
The man tried to kick Manning, making him fly back first into the backstop.
Manning quickly swung himself back leg locking the man around his waist.
The man managed to shake him off and started climbing again.
   Manning kicked the man in the middle of his back.
The man let out a scream of agony and anguish loosing his grip and falling to the ground back first with a thump.
Manning climbed down from the backstop as the pastor ran out.
   They were bringing the people and vehicles up as the pastor made his way to them.
Gibson showed him his badge and told him everything.
"I see, when should we be able to use the field again?", He asked.
"Give us a couple of days and the field is yours," Angel told him.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.