Chapter 26

Old Kicking Bird Movie theater on Danforth and Bryant Edmond, Oklahoma 10:20am, Max and Gillian Sholley walked into the building and were taken on a tour by the head of the construction crews.
Max gazed over at the bar;"who all do we providing alcohol back there?", He asked Gillian.
"Everyone you can think of, including Guinness," she responded lighting a cigarette.
"Excellent Gillian, I can't wait to see how things go," Max replied having the feeling that he was being watched.
   Three special Agents watched down on them from latter's in the hallway as Max walked down.
Max didn't pay much attention to them as he walked into the first room, where a conveyer belt and several tables were being set up.
"Do you have ventilation set up yet?", Max asked of the man.
"We're getting that set up now, should be ready tonight," she responded.
"And the office upstairs in the last room?", Max fired at him.
"All should be ready by tonight, liquor delivery is coming in this afternoon," she told him.
"Excellent and rest of the place, did you get the memo about furniture delivery?", Gillian added.
"We're gonna make sure that all is done in time for tonight," she replied.
"Great, you will be well paid for your help," Gillian replied letting out a puff.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 10:45am, Samantha walked into Gibson's office and sat down.
Gibson looked at her as she crossed her gorgeously long legs.
"I have been having vividly horrible dreams," she told him.
"What kind of dreams?", Gibson asked.
"We raid the place and I am shot and killed in the process," Samantha replied her eyes red from lack of sleep.
   Harrison walked in upon hearing the conversation and sat down.
"Dreams aren't always right, please don't let them get to you any further," he assured her.
"Thanks Harrison," she responded.
"All a part of my job," he responded.
     Tasha and Gibson walked out the back and Gibson lit a cigarette.
"I heard about Samantha's dreams, is she okay?", Tasha asked.
"Yeah, I think she'll be fine, she just needs some sleep," Gibson replied letting out a drag.
"You think she'll be able to be on the bust crew?", She asked.
"I sent to her hotel to get some sleep, she should be ready," Gibson replied letting out a puff.
"You wanna get some breakfast, my treat," Tasha asked.
"Sounds good to me," Gibson replied.
     Around the corner diner, Edmond, Oklahoma 10:56am, Gibson and Tasha walked and sat down at a table in the back.
The place was your typical down home country diner, tables decorated with old menus news clippings, and local business advertisements under glass.
They ordered food and coffee and started going over the case.
   The owner walked up to their table.
Gibson glanced up at her for a moment;" can we help you?", He asked.
"You all are the Federal agents involved in the Sholley Cartel investigation right?", She asked.
"That's right, I am Special Agent Gibson GIS and this is Special Agent Black NPA Behavioral analysis unit," Gibson replied.
"Can I talk to you all out back after you all are done eating?", She asked them.
"Sure, we'll pay for our meals and meet you out there," Gibson replied.
"Your meal's are on us," she replied.
    They finished their meal's and stepped out back with her.
"I am Nikki, my dad and own this place, the bar across the street and the Italian restaurant at the corner," she began.
"How can we help you?", Tasha asked.
"Our place's have unknowingly hosted several of their meetings over the past few weeks," she told them.
"Have you or your staff overheard conversations?", Gibson asked lighting a cigarette.
"Yeah, they've been talking about a meeting with several of the area cartel leaders at the Kickingbird theater, they're trying to create a huge pipeline under everyone's nose," she responded.
"Anything else?", Gibson asked.
"I'm afraid they're going to kill me if they find out I told you," she said.
"You willing to testify, we can get you protection for your help," Tasha replied.
"As long as it's GIS protection and not NPA, you all couldn't keep president's Lincoln and Kennedy alive," she popped at them.
"Protection is protection, no matter who does it," Gibson replied letting out a puff and holding Tasha back.
She agreed to testify and they set up for her and her families protection.
   Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 11:12am, Gillian, Max, and Guillermo walked into the dining room and sat down at the table.
Their lunch was set out by the staff and they began eating.
"Why are we having such an early lunch?", Guillermo asked between bites.
"We have a dinner meeting at Othello's with security personnel at five o clock tonight," Gillian replied.
"How long do you think we can use that restaurant without the feds catching on?", Max asked.
"My question exactly," Guillermo put in.
"I know the owner of the place, and have paid him off to keep it a secret," Gillian replied between bites.
"What about the daughter, she could tell them just as easily," Max said.
"She's not that stupid," Gillian replied.
    One of their men walked into the room and sat down.
"One of our people watched Nikki talking to the feds in the back of the diner down the street," he told them.
"Did he hear or record anything they were talking about?", Gillian asked straightening up in her chair.
"He wasn't able to get close enough to record the conversation, but he did hear them mentioning you all," he responded.
"We'd better change the meeting place, any ideas?", Gillian questioned.
"What about Majors on fifteenth, or the trap?", Max asked.
"It needs to be a place that serves food," Gillian replied.
"Interurban, we can rent the meeting area, and it has doors," Guillermo replied.
"Set it up and I will let Othello's know to cancel us coming in," Gillian replied.
"Right," Guillermo replied getting on his cell phone.
Gillian called Othello's and cancelled.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 11:35am, Gibson and the others continued going over plans for that night's raid.
Jake looked up as Alyson walked into the room.
"One of your people just called in from Gillian's place, they're planning a meeting with several of the cartel people at Interurban bar and grill down way from the theater at five," she told them.
"Should we go ahead and bust them at Interurban?", Pickett asked.
"No, it's too public and too much of a risk of innocent people getting killed," Gibson replied.
"Understood," Pickett replied.
     Alyson pulled Gibson aside for a second.
"You could send me in undercover," she said.
"Not a good plan, we already have people in with them that they don't know about yet," Gibson replied.
They finished up their plans and several of them headed out to lunch.
      Six of the others headed down to the diner on the corner down the street.
As they ate, Manning noticed two slowly driving black cars heading their way.
"Everyone, get down!", Manning shouted as the cars stopped and several masked and armed men got out and began firing.
Manning and the others drew and began firing back.
A scared cook called it in.
    They all quickly drove down the alley to the diner and drew their weapons as the exited their cars.
Stokes and several other armed bikers flew down Broadway towards the diner to help.
The men were trying to run as the bikers pulled up and began firing.
The men that were still standing surrendered and were arrested.
    Stokes and his friends joined them as the paramedics arrived to treat the wounded.
"How many casualties?", Stokes asked.
"So far, about seven and Samantha is one of them," Gibson replied.
"How bad is she?", Stokes asked putting his gun away.
"She took a bullet to her left thigh, they're saying she's gonna be fine," Gibson replied lighting a cigarette.
"How can me and my buddies help?", He asked lighting a cigarette.
"Be ready to help us with our theater bust tonight," Gibson replied.
"We'll be there, what time?", Stokes responded letting out a puff.
"Say about seven, meet us at HQ in a few minutes," Gibson replied letting out a drag.
"Alright," Stokes returned.
They finished up at the scene and headed back to headquarters.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 12:15pm, Gibson and the others led the shooter's into the building and turned them over for booking.
Stokes and Kirby walked up to them and were shown into the planning room.
Gibson and Angel went over everything with them.
One of Stokes' bikers glanced over everything.
"They're probably putting offices and other things in the projection booths," he said.
Gibson glared at him for a second;"your name wouldn't be Ed Nash would it?", He asked.
"That's right, Hellcat born and raised," Nash replied.
"Thought you were in Huntsville," Gibson returned.
"I was cleared of those charges thanks to your testimony, I left the gang and became a bounty hunter," Nash replied.
"Are you still hunting or are you looking for another job?", Gibson asked.
"Right now, I am a private contractor," Nash retorted.
"You might consider joining our agency after this over," Gibson invited.
"Maybe," Nash retorted.
They finished up and headed back to the others.
     Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 12:45pm, Gillian glared at her brother as he walked in.
"Have you seen this report?", She questioned pointing at news report on the TV.
"I was just coming into point it out," Max replied.
"You know nothing about this?", She asked.
"Nothing, must've been commissioned by someone else," Max replied.
   Another man walked in and sat down across from Gillian.
He glanced at the TV and grinned slyly from ear to ear;" good, it's been done," he sighed lighting a cigar.
"Emerson, you freaking fool, feds were at that diner, one was wounded!", Gillian boomed pointing at Samantha's picture.
"I owed her for killing my sister in Edinborough last year," Emerson responded.
"I should kill you where you sit, you had no right to commission anything!", Gillian barked.
   Max pulled Gillian aside.
"Let me and Guillermo do this guy, I know some pig farmers who owe me a favor," Max told her.
"You kill him, I'll handle getting rid of the body in my kilm," Gillian replied lighting a cigarette.
"Okay," Max replied lighting a cigarette and motioning to Guillermo and and two of his goons to grab Emerson.
   They grabbed Emerson by either arm and drug him out in the back forty and tied him to a post.
They began beating him savagely.
"Please stop, I apologize for my actions," Emerson cried.
"You're an incouragable bungler who never thinks before he acts," Max raged throwing more punches to his face and gut.
Emerson let out more groans of earpearcing agony, and continued begging and pleading for his life.
Max glared over Guillermo's men;"I'm weary of hearing him whine, finish him," he told them.
As Max and Guillermo walked off, they heard three gunshots and hung and shook their heads.
"Never liked killing people," Max said as they sat down in the chairs on the patio.
"Maybe one of these days it won't be necessary anymore," Guillermo replied lighting a cigar.
"Maybe, suppose, suppose," Max replied letting off a drag.
   Mercy hospital I-35 Edmond, Oklahoma room 334 1:13pm, Samantha awoke from her anesthesia abruptly, noticing Tasha sitting in the room.
"How're you feeling?", Tasha asked.
"Like I have been hit by a Mack truck, what happened?", Samantha asked.
"You and some of our team were attacked at the Sunrise diner at the corner of Broadway," Tasha replied.
"Was anyone else hurt?", She coughed.
"Jordan and Sims took bullets to the face and side," Tasha replied.
"How're they?", She asked.
"Jordan died as he arrived here, Sims is doing fine, he's in the room down the hall," Tasha replied.
"Poor Guy Jordan, I really appreciate him trying to get me out the side door," Samantha recalled.
"You remember that?", Tasha returned.
"Vaguely, it's in pieces at this point," she responded.
Tasha finished up and headed back to headquarters.