Chapter 28

Mercy I-35 hospital room 334 Edmond, Oklahoma 2:45pm, Tasha and Shana walked into the room and Samantha offered them seats and they sat down.
"How're you feeling today?", Shana asked.
"Like I am not worth freaking damn to you all," Samantha replied.
"Remember that God moves in mysterious ways," The Chaplain said from the open door.
"I know father but, I can't figure on doing much from here," Samantha replied.
    Tasha pulled the Chaplain out into the hallway.
"I realize that you're doing your job but this is an a and b conversation, c your way out the door," she told him.
The Chaplain eased away from the door as the code blue alarm went off in the room.
Nurses, Doctors, and a crash cart raced through the door.
They worked frantically to revive her and finally did.
   Tasha and the Chaplain walked into the room.
"What happened?", Tasha asked.
"She just had Edema, her chest just swelled up and coded her, she's fine now," the Doctor told them.
"How long will she be here?", Shana asked.
"Given all that she's been through, probably at least three weeks," the Doctor replied.
   They walked out and Shana's phone went off.
"Yeah I got it Gibson, we're on our way," she said as she hung up.
Tasha looked at her for a moment;"what's up?", Tasha asked.
"Body at Coffee Creek golf course, it looks like one of Gillian's people," Shana replied.
"Let's go," Tasha replied.
     Coffee Creek golf course Edmond, Oklahoma 3:00pm, they were greeted by Gibson and Angel as they walked up.
"Eighth green, two golfers found as they walked up to the hole," Gibson told them.
The Medical Examiner knelt down beside the body and took the liver temp;"according to the temp, he's been dead for at least three days," she told them.
"Cause of death?", Gibson asked.
"Beating first, then a shot to the head," she responded.
"Anything else?", Shana asked.
"I won't know more until I get him on the table," she responded.
"Okay," Gibson replied.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 3:25pm, Gibson sat down at his desk, examining everything from the reports at the scene.
Angel walked in as he took a long breath out and shook his head.
"Why would she kill Connelly, he's been her right hand for years," Gibson asked.
"Remember that last bust, they were looking for a mole, maybe they killed him thinking he was the mole," Angel theorized.
"No, they wouldn't beat him first, they'd just due him in," Gibson replied.
"We're working on it," Tasha said as she walked in.
    Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 3:45pm, Gillian glanced at the TV as the reports on Connelly came in.
She shook her head as she watched it.
"Who's the numbnutted dumbbell who dumped him on the course?!", She barked.
Two of her people threw the leader of the kill crew in the middle of the floor.
"Arch, should have figured it was you, you're nothing but one big screw up," she muttered.
"How was I to know that he'd be found?", Arch responded.
"You dumped him on the eighth green next to the hole, you stupid freaking yutz," she responded lighting a cigarette.
Arch grinned arrogantly as he saw the report;"another man bites the dust," he responded.
"Arch, don't ever do that again," Gillian replied.
"It's a warning, just a warning," Arch returned as he walked out.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 4:15pm, Tasha glanced at the latest reports as she went through all the information on her table.
Gibson walked into the room and looked at her.
"You have anything new?", He asked.
"Just that psychologically, dumping the body on the course was meant to be warning to anyone who screws up," Tasha replied.
"So, the screw up of leaving the body on the course was a warning inside of a screw up?", Gibson replied.
"No screw up meant, just a warning," Tasha replied.
   Tasha answered her phone on the first ring.
"Samantha, just relax would you, you're working yourself up," Tasha said as she hung up.
"Samantha keeps trying to weigh in from her hospital bed, no rest for the weary," Tasha breathed.
"You figure I need to talk to her?", Gibson asked.
"She's just bending over backwards trying to please you, might fragging help," Tasha replied.
"I'll talk to her," Gibson replied heading out to his car.
    An elderly couple walked into the office and sat down.
Shana stood behind them.
"This is mister and Mrs. Clyburn, they're the ones who found the body at the course," she told him.
"Okay, can they really tell us anything we can use?", Angel asked.
Gibson glared over at his little sister.
"What?", Angel shot back.
     Gibson pulled her aside;"you think you could be a little more polite, the both fought for your right to do your job for crying out loud," Gibson told her.
"All they did was serve as a Doctor and a Nurse," Angel replied.
"They patched up soldiers like us and earned our respect, sit this one out," Gibson snapped.
"Since when do you have that kind of authority?", She responded.
"Since when you appointed me as Deputy Director, I've got this," he assured her.
Angel walked into her office and slammed the door behind her.
Tasha looked at him;"you did the right thing," she assured him.
    Gibson and Tasha walked into the office and sat down.
"Tell us what you saw Major Doctor and Nurse Sergeant," Gibson told them.
"No need for ranks young man, we haven't practiced medicine since 1998," the man laughed.
"Okay so, Mister and Mrs. Platherd, please tell us what you saw," Tasha put in with a grin.
"We were having a nice calm day of golf, when we saw the body as we approached the eighth green," Mister Platherd began.
"You followed your medical instincts and went to try to resuscitate him, judging from the blood on your shirt Mister Platherd," Tasha guessed.
"Yes little sister I did that while the Mrs. Called for help and helped security keep the crowd back," he responded.
   Angel met with Gibson outside as he headed out.
"Did you get anything out of them?", She asked.
"Just that Mister Platherd saw two men watching him from the trees while he was trying to revive the vic," Gibson replied.
"Was he able to give you a description?", She asked.
"Yeah, he's working with a sketch artist now," Gibson replied.
"At least we're gonna get that much from them," she responded.
    Gibson glared at her for a second, not sure what was going on in her mind.
"Can I ask why you're being so disrespectful of these people, they are elderly vets, like we will be one day," Gibson said.
"I don't know maybe, I am just tired," she responded.
"Go get some rest, we'll make sure that we get the pictures out to the media outlets," Gibson replied.
"Be careful, and roll them into protection," Angel replied.
"Will do," Gibson replied.
     They turned the pictures into the media outlets and turned the couple over for protection.
Angel watched as Special Agents Cronkite and Courtney drove off with the couple.
"I am sorry for how I treated them, this whole thing has me worried about Paul and his dad," she said.
"No need for apologies to us, this case doesn't exactly encourage flowers, speeches, and parades," Harrison replied.
     Interurban bar and grill Danforth and Bryant Edmond, Oklahoma 5:15pm, the Sholley's and their guests were shown to the meeting room and sat down.
They ordered drinks and began talking about the business.
"Is this distribution process going to work?", A woman in the back asked.
"My dear Strosser, it only works if we're all in," Gillian replied.
"How am I supposed to invest if I haven't seen your operation first?", Strosser responded.
"You will, I assure you, we will be showing you all as soon as we leave here," Gillian replied.
Gillian put the pictures of their facility on the viewer and showed them through everything.
   Strosser and the others gladly began putting money into the operation.
Matt and Reina watched from the table just outside of the room.
"You think this partnership is going to work?", Reina asked.
"Strosser and Gillian have been at each other's throats for years, I wouldn't plan on it," Matt responded.
    The meeting ended and they headed down the sidewalk to the facility and began showing them around.
Everyone was really impressed by everything they saw.
They began playing in the casino and really enjoying themselves.
   Gibson and Angel watched from outside the front door.
"Everyone get ready to move in," Gibson radioed to them.
"Right," Matt responded getting ready to lead his crew around the back.
    They quickly hit the front door identifying themselves as they burst into the building.
Gunfire began being traded back and forth as they started taking the place down.
Max and Gillian shuffle out a side door and drove off.
"Max and Gillian headed out the back, we're on our way after them," Matt radioed in.
"Careful," Gibson replied.
     Matt and Reina chased them into Guthrie and to an abandoned building outside of town.
Matt radioed in for backup and they waited for backup to arrive.
Gibson and Angel pulled in behind them.
"How long have they been in there?", Gibson asked.
"Almost fifteen minutes, you sure took long enough," Matt responded clicking a bullet into the chamber of his gun.
"We were finishing up at the theater, we lost four in the raid," Gibson replied.
"We ready?", Matt asked.
Yeah, let's go," Gibson replied.
    They drew their weapons, headed into the building and split up.
Matt and Reina were going through the west side of the building, when Gillian jumped her from behind boxes.
Gillian punched Reina to the floor and drew down on her.
"You stupid freaking feds have torn down your last operation," Gillian said as she approached Reina.
Reina reached back, grabbed a pipe, and threw it into Gillian's right knee.
Gillian cried out in certain agony and anguish, hitting the floor.
Reina got up and dusted herself off as the others came up behind her.
Angel called in an ambulance and they met outside the building.
"What about Max?", Reina asked.
"Got away, have no idea how but, he got away, along with Guillermo," Gibson replied.
"We'll find them soon enough, I have the feeling Gillian knows where they went," Reina replied.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.