He needs Sleep (Neko Levi x Reader)

Note: Because Levi is a Neko, I'll change his personality a bit. It will be a little steamy towards the end :)

You and Levi, like any other evening, have arranged to do paperwork together. You've been in a bad mood all day — the outsized amount of work you got was all you could think of. Levi was twice as stressed and still managed everything. As always, it would have been helpful to have someone close. Paperwork was stupid and annoying. With Levi, even if you just worked, it was less stressful and comforting. He would have done his business and you would have done yours. It was always the same. Sometimes a few words were exchanged with one another or now and then he would bring you tea.

But this time, he didn't show up.

It wasn't like you and Levi had a special relationship. He treats you like everyone else and rarely talks. You are comrades, friends and nothing more sadly. You really liked him and wished that your friendship could turn into more someday. You know the Captain isn't someone who would confide in others or wants a relationship. He never showed any signs of anything with anyone. So the possibility that he would ever fall in love with you was basically non existing.

"Where are you?" you grumble to yourself, eyelids falling continuously It was already shortly before midnight. The first owls and crackers can be heard. You saw a few bats, but no Captain.

Bored and in a bad mood, you get up and decide to visit Hanji. The woman was often up late and tinkered with her experiments. If Levi decided not to show up without giving you a reason, let him do his job alone. After all, you already had yours done.

Your science-friend always knew how to cheer up anyone, even Levi. And because you were sure that he could take care of himself wherever he is, you quickly stepped into your shoes and walked through the hallways with quiet steps.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh, and how he couldn't take care of himself when a certain four-eyed woman chased after him with a crazy grin.

"Don't run away, Levi! What did I tell you? Don't panic!" she shouts, suppressing a giggle as she gets on her knees and tries to reach under the couch. A sharp hissing could be heard from under the said couch. A black cat made itself as small as possible and stretched out its claws to scratch the woman's hand.

"Ouch!" she hisses and withdraws her scratched hand. "Levi, I know this is all confusing, but you can come out. It's all good." she sits on her butt and pouts. "I'll explain it to you."

Slowly and carefully, he comes out of his hiding place and looks around. Everything looks so different from this perspective. The small, black paws pad on the wooden floor and come to a halt in front of the brown-haired scientist. Eyes narrowed, he growls, "What have you done to me, shitty glasses?!"

She giggles. "I'm sorry." she bursts into laughter and pinches her stomach. "It.... it's just that youre even smaller now. And so sweet." she squeaks up loudly, grabbing his head, but he hisses again.

"Don't touch me!" there is pure anger in his eyes. "What have you done to me!" he says slowly, emphasizing every word.

stops laughing and put on a serious face. "This might take some time....."

"Four eyes!"

"Okay, okay!" she gets up and walks to her desk. Levi follows her and jumps on one of the papers with a grim face. "Oh man," she giggles embarrassed. "I don't know where to start."

Levi rolls his cat's eyes. "How about the reason why you turned me into a freaking cat!" he shouts.

"That's actually a pretty nice reason," she begins and sits down on her chair while looking at him with a fascinated glim in her eyes.