Happiness (Levi x Marleyan Reader)

Note: I'm late....again. I'm sorry. The island I live on has very bad wifi and dear Wattpad doesn't allow me to write on my computer without internet. I had already finished this oneshot on the weekend but to my luck I couldn't save half of it. The connection broke. It got deleted.

Levi flips the sign over so that the side that says OPEN is visible through the window. For the first time in a week after resting in his bed all day long, he was finally able to reopen his tea shop.

He had caught a small cold during the skiing holiday he had gone on with the others two weeks ago. Although Levi didn't go skiing himself, as he obviously couldn't have participated because of his injured knee and therefore spent most of his time sitting in his chair or talking to Armin - who didn't want to go either - he got sick for some inexplicable reason. And now that he is better again, he was more than relived to go back to his daily routine.

It's been two years since the final war ended.

He was finally free. No more struggling to survive, no more smelling the scent of Titans, no more seeing his comrades being killed, no more doing hours of paperwork and no more fighting ever again. But of course, because it's Levi's life we're talking about, it was all too good to be true.

After the war and the time he had to spend in the hospital, his depression and all the other negative emotions got much worse – as it is with most soldiers. He came to the realization that he had nothing. All his friends were dead, his family. He now had body parts that he could no longer use. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to fight anymore. He was nothing but a leftover empty shell.

Useless. That's what he thought about himslef. But many month have passed since he opened the tea shop an he was slowly adjusting to a normal life and got serveral help from the other surviving comrades he had. They're healing each other.

Watching as the sun rises, Levi straightens his shirt a little and goes behind the counter to start brewing his favorite tea. He is having one of those days where he can walk comfortably with his cane instead of sitting in a wheelchair again. It's still too early for any costumers to visit, as he always opens the shop much too early in the morning, when everyone in town is still asleep, because of the nightmares that the now 38-year-old man suffers from.

It was in the middle of winter and individual snowflakes fell from the sky while Levi picked up a newspaper and leafed through it. He had been thinking about offering hot cocoa at this time of year. It was practically in the cold and maybe it would even get him into the Christmas spirit. Before moving permanently to Marley after the war, he had never been interested in celebrating anything. But now he wanted to give it a try. The brats, who have their own lives now too, even forced him to hang Christmas decorations in his shop.

It took some time, but finally he agreed and ordered a bunch of different things that still needed to be delivered.

It takes two hours for the first customers to enter the shop. With a small smile, Levi pursues his passion, makes people their tea and whishes them a good day. An old lady and her grandchild sit at the table in the back corner, as they do almost every morning, and paint together. They had been his regular customers since the day of the opening, which is why he already knew them to some extent.

"I assume you want the usual?" Levi asks in his deep voice.

The gray-haired woman nods and smiles at him. "Yes, the same as always. And what about you, George?"

"I want cookies!" the little blond boy shouts, puts down his pen, gets up and runs behind the counter. His grandmother is about to get up, but Levi stops her and follows him, leaning against one of the cabinets while raiseing an eyebrow.