Peace for one Night (Levi x Reader)

Note: This book has 10k reads! I wrote this little fulffy drabble to thank all of you Levi fans out there. Enjoy and thanks again!

You wake up to the sound of the door opening.

Shortly after, an arm sneaks around your waist and pulls your body closer to a strong chest. With a smile, you snuggle up to him and take his hand in yours. You couldn't often fall asleep with your boyfriend yet cuddle as he was always busy with paperwork, so those special moments were more than rare.

Levi pulls you a little tighter against him and presses a kiss to your nape. "Sorry that I couldn't get to you sooner."

You can tell that he is tired by the way he sighs into your ear. Slowly, you turn around, wrap your arms around his small torso, and bury your face in his neck while running your fingers through his hair.

"I'm glad you made it here at all," you whisper. "even if it's only for half a night."

Levi smiles into your hair and closes his eyes.

He was a lucky man for having you. You were always there for him, never judged him and accepted his mind, body and soul with all it's flaws. After so many years of loneliness and pain, he was happy to have someone who could make him feel loved and at ease – something he had never experienced before. It took a while for all his walls to break down, but when you got to the point where he fully trusted you and acknowledged his love for you, it was as if a new world opened up for him.

Ever since Levi was a child, life had taught him over and over again that showing vulnerability and emotion is a sign of weakness. It was almost an instinct by now to shut down his emotions, refuse help, and pretend he wasn't on the verge of breaking.

It was amazing how all those instincts disappeared when he met you. Only your closeness was enough to lull him into a dreamless sleep, but tonight he didn't seem to want to fall asleep because, just like you, he didn't know when you would have the time to cuddle again.

You place a kiss against his throat. "Do you have to wake up early?"

Levi nods and snuggles a little closer to you.

Your hand, which had previously caressed his hair, now stroked his cheek. You hate to know that he can never rest long enough to be fully awake. You always see the tiredness in his eyes, the terror in them after he had a nightmare, and all the suffering he so desperately tries to hide from the world. Others may not notice, but you do.

"Did I wake you up when I came in?" Levi asks, looking down at you as you make yourself comfortable on his muscle-adorned chest.

"Yes, but don't worry, I tried to wait for you and stay awake anyway." you inhale his familiar scent and draw small circles on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't do that," he murmurs guiltily.

"But I want to," you say with a sigh. "We don't often have nights like this, which is why I want to enjoy them to the fullest. You'll be out of bed tomorrow morning before I'm awake, wont you?" Levi nods. "That's why I want to stay awake."

With a tired smile, he nods again, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stop you anyway.

"Now try to sleep, dear." you yawn and bury your face into his nightgown. "Good night. I love you."

"Good night, (Y/n)." he whispers.

Just a few minutes later, you both fell asleep in your lover's arms, with the soothing sound of tiny raindrops falling against the window and each other's steady breathing in your ears as all the worries and fears you constantly have in your lifes disappear into the peaceful aura of your shared bedroom.