Mistletoe (Levi x Reader)

Note: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and late Happy birthday Levi!! I know I'm late as always, but I hope you enjoy!

Christmas was never something Levi paid much attention to. After all, it wasn't celebrated in the Underground City. His mother had told him a lot about it, and until her death he enjoyed the little presents she gave him - those that Kuchel could afford – and the stories she told. He had never thought about it again in the years Kenny had taken him in, and he didn't really care.

That was until he met you when he was four-teen. You were by far the most cheerful and optimistic person he had ever met, even though you were five years younger, lived in a dirty orphanage and had few friends. But that never made you bitter and that's why, despite the age difference, you became best friends.

He had you by his side when he killed someone for the first time, when he met Farlan and formed a gang with him, which Isabel, who was three years younger than you, joined. You were there when he needed you most.

And you were also the one who made him celebrate Christmas. Well, more or less. You had your own little tradition. On Christmas Eve, the two of you always sat on one of the rooftops and gave each other a gift. And every year on Christmas morning, you held a mistletoe in front of his face – there was a time when you were shorter than him – and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"A teddy bear!" you shouted happily, holding the brown stuffed animal in the air.

Levi grunted and looked at you monotonously. He was only fifteen and found it annoying how you persuaded him to celebrate this stupid holiday. But his gratitude was stronger. You brought so much positivity into his young depressed life.

"Thank you, Levi!" you grabbed his arm and snuggled up to him.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome, little brat."

You giggled and gave him your gift.

He frowned and took it from you. He didn't expect to get anything from you. A small box with a red bow containing a beautifully shaped teacup. Levi blinked a few times. He picked up the cup and looked at it. Both your names are engraved on the bottom.

"How did you get that?" he asked.

You crossed your arms. "I bought it at the market, of course. Luisa came with me!" you said proudly. Luisa was one of the caregivers at the orphanage.

Levi chuckled a little. He was surprised that you, the biggest troublemaker, didn't secretly steal from someone for once.

"Thank you, (y/n)." he ruffled your hair.

---------------------------------------------------

"Please!" you shouted in frustration, but he shook his head.