Lovers Support (Levi x Depressed Reader)

Note: This oneshot is a little angsty and contains the death of a family member. If that makes you uncomfortable in any way, please skip.

The underground is cold. Sick rats fighting over a piece of bread, old and young people sitting against the walls of their houses – skinny, bony, depressed. The ground is dirty, the air smells disgusting and here and there blood is smeared on people's knuckles or faces. Bruised skin and damaged hearts. Loneliness, pain and endless suffering for most.

Although it's hard to say, you're assuming it's night since you're pretty tired. The only reason you're out now is because you were still talking to an old acquaintance after stealing some hygiene products. Farlan already got food for the next few weeks yesterday, as winter was slowly arriving, but you wanted to get a few little things for emergencies.

"Where have you been?!" is the first thing you hear when you enter the small apartment.

You ignore him, put the bag on the table and wash your hands, while Levi comes to a stop next to you with an angry expression on his face. "I'm talking to you, brat. Answer!"

"Not now, Levi," you murmur emotionlessly and walk past him towards your room.

You don't want to act like that, but you just can't take it anymore. All the anger, sadness and pain that has spread through you over the years slowly came closer and closer to the surface. You don't know how to deal with it.

It's been about a year since your little sister passed away. You had worked so hard with Levi to earn enough money to pay for a doctor, but it was too late. She died before you had the chance to get all the money. The loss had completely destroyed you. She was the last family you had. You wanted to stay strong for the others, so you pretended that everything was fine, but inside you just wanted to stay locked in your room crying for the rest of your life.

Levi knows that you need time, after all, he himself is not someone who talks about his feelings, but it breaks his heart to see you like this, which is why your frustration and anger upset him.

He grabs your arm with force and pulls you back. "Stop running away, (y/n)!"

"Don't touch me!" you scream and try to snatch your arm from him.

"Just let me-" he growls.

"No, Levi!" you turn to him with a red face. "I don't want your help! Just leave me alone!" you slam your door shut angrily.

God, you hate yourself for your horrible behavior, but these feelings of guilt turn you into the worst vision of yourself. If only I had worked harder, (s/n) would still be alive. It was my fault. I couldn't save my parents and my sister either.

The only person in your family who is still alive is you.

With teary eyes, you dig under the covers in your bed and try to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

Exhausted, Levi drops into one of the chairs. "I don't know what to do anymore," he sighs.

Farlan pats him sympathetically on the shoulder and sits down as well. "She's just like you. Give her time."

Levi nods. Of course, he knows that you can talk about it over time, but even if he wants to be respectful and understanding of your way of dealing with loss, he can't bear to see you suffer like this much longer. He just wants to help you.

He loves you and desires nothing more than to be with you, to build a life with you, to have you by his side in the future just as he did in the whole past of his life. Ever since you were little, he knew you were the one for him. At that time he didn't saw it in a romantic way, because he didn't even knew or thouth about that stuff, but over many years his feelings for you changed. He didn't understand it at the time, but he still allowed them. Seeing you now acting like this with him pains him so incredibly much.

"I'll bring her something to eat," Levi says resolutely and walks towards your room. Isabell had already fallen asleep two hours ago, right after you came back.

Farlan watches as his best friend walks to your door without food and smiles. He knew Levi only said this to have a reason to be with you, of course. The raven haired man tries to hide it, but his friend can see it in his eyes whenever he looks at him. Levi is utterly in love with you.

----------------------------------------------------------

A knock on your door interrupts your attempt to read a little. You couldn't fall asleep no matter how many times you tried, which is why you decided to plunge into a fantasy world in hope of escaping the real one. It worked well, but at some point all good things come to an end. Tired, you sigh and put the book aside. "Come in, Levi."

Your lover opens the door and steps into the small room. "Hey..." he mumbles, looking loosely at the ground, not knowing what to say.

"Hi," you reply quietly.

For a while, there is an awkward silence between you, until Levi says, "Listen,..." the same moment you whisper, "Levi, I..."

You both chuckle a little until you allow him to speak first. "Listen, I know I had no right to pressure you, that I was an asshole, and I'm sorry for that, but-"

"Levi, no..." you interrupt him and run your fingers through your hair. "...you don't have to apologize for anything. I was the one who misbehaved and shut you out, even though you just wanted to help me. It's just that..." you stop talking when you feel a lump forming in your throat.

Levi shakes his head and sits down next to you on the bed. "(Y/n), don't apologize for your feelings. Everyone copes with loss differently, and that's okay. Many thoughts and emotions that you can't control are going back and forth in your head right now. It's frustrating and makes you angry, that's okay too."

He stares at the wall for a while before gently taking your hand in his. "I...I just want you to know that I'm here when.....you're ready to talk." he whispers.

You smile lightly at him and rest your head on his shoulder. "I never wanted to exclude you."

"I know," he whispers.

You both fall into silence and simply enjoy each other's presence. The silence in the room is pleasant and, for once, there are no noises outside that scare you every five minutes. There aren't many nights when you can sleep snuggled up together without being woken up by something. After all, you both had to take care not only of yourself, but also of Isabel and Farlan.

While your boyfriend starts playing with your hair, you move your face a little closer to him and press an innocent kiss to his throat. Then another, and another.

Levi sighs and gives you more access by tilting his head. You continue and wander up his neck to place your kisses there as well, while he puts his hand in the back of your neck to pull you closer. You smile before nibbling at his sweet spot, which makes him groan with pleasure as the blush on his face darkens.

You wrap your free arm around his waist and pull him onto you on the mattress. Levi gently slides his hands up your torso as he captures your lips with his own in a loving kiss.

Even though both of you are no longer children, you have never gone further than this. Every now and then you held hands and exchanged small kisses, sure. As teenagers you even made out a few times, but other than that, you've held back. It was hard to get involved in something like this when you live in constant fear of losing your own or your partner's life. You are stressed, inexperienced worried about your other two friends, trained to avoid physical contact and above all, you are never alone.

It's embarrassing to think about, but you don't want to do such......privat bedroom activities in the company of your younger friends.

"We shouldn't.......do this....now," you pant between kisses without making a effort to stop.

Levi nods and trails his lips down your throat. "Yeah,"

You giggle and wearily stroke the ends of his undercut. "I mean it."

He hums and gives you one last kiss on the lips. "Fine, but you better sleep now, brat." He lies down next to you and wraps his arms around your torso. "I'm here when you're ready to talk, (y/n). Always."

You smile gratefully and snuggle into his chest.