Read and Relax (Soft Levi x Reader)

Note: What could be better than sitting on the couch with Levi after a long, exhausting day? Cuddled up in soft pillows, a book in  hand and his warm body comforting you while you comfort him? This short drabble is for those who need to relieve some stress.

Exhausted, you close the door behind you with a soft click. As a squad leader, you had many responsibilities for your cadets and spent a lot of hours training them – and yourself. You were used to all the overexertion and hard work, had to experience difficult days like many others, but the tiredness that overtook you today was on a new level.

"Busy day?" you hear the familiar voice of your husband.

With your head down, you nod and walk over to your shared wardrobe to get fresh clothes. With a pair of black shorts and one of Levi's shirts, you went into the bathroom and take a long, hot shower to wash away the day. Actually, you just wanted to finish quickly, then snuggle up in Levi's bed and fall asleep from the sounds his pen produces while he writes, but your sore muscles needed the pressure of the hot water.

After your shower, you rub your husband's fluffy towel on your head one last time before throwing it into the laundry basket.

You are surprised to see that Levi is no longer sitting at his desk, but has made himself comfortable on the couch between a few pillows and a book in his hand. His body seems completely relaxed and rested, which is quite unusual for him. "Oh?" you ask and come to a stop in front of his crossed legs.

He looks up with a raised eyebrow and points to the empty spot next to him. "M'here." he mumbles. Smiling tiredly, you sit down next to him and are immediately pulled into his arms. Shoulder to shoulder now, you put your head on his biceps a yawn.

"If titans attacked us now, I would just drop dead." you groan into the factory of his nightgown and bury your face into it. "Or even better – I would let one slap me against a tree like a fly. As a matter of principle."

He flicks your forehead. "I wouldn't allow that, brat."

You turn your head to him and giggle. "My hero," you murmur, pressing a kiss against his throat. "What are you reading?"

He looks down at the book as he strokes your arm with his fingertips. "Erwin gave me a book to....." he stops and looks to the side with a frown. He shakes his head. "Forget it."

"No," you prop yourself up on your elbow and look at him insistently. With delicate fingers, you hold his chin and turn his head towards you. "You can tell me anything. I won't judge you."

You know that expressing his feelings, despite being in a relationship and married since some time now, is still new territory for him. That's why you always take it slow and tell him again and again that it's okay. That he can be himself with you. After so many years of suppressing his emotions, you were happy to be the one to help him open up.

Levi looks down at you. "I....I've never really learned anything in the underground, so Erwin....helped me with most things, but...." he chokes on his own words and closes his eyes. "....now that he is busy most of the time, I....tch, shit. I'm not good at this."

You run your fingers through his hair and pull him closer — now switching to you holding him. "Levi, it's okay. Take your time." you kiss his forehead and stroke his cheek lovingly.

He nods and swallow. "I do enjoy reading. But actually.....my favorite genre is romance. This book here," he points to the leather covered book. "is political stuff. Kind of boring and total shit, but if Erwin thinks it educates." He shrugs and looks down in embarrassment. "Tch, I'm not stupid, I know that. But I sometimes feel left out when the other soldiers talk about things I have no idea about." He doesn't look at you and hides his face in one of the pillows.

You have to smile a little. That Levi has problems with this is understandable and at the same time ridiculous. He has no idea how much the other soldiers wish to have his knowledge and experience. Of course he didn't get the same education as some others, but his intelligence is far better despite that.

"Darling, you don't have to be ashamed. It's not your fault that you grew up in the underground city." you gently trace the contours of his face with your fingers. "I could talk for hours about how smart you are, how you handle dangerous situations or speak wise words to other people, if that's what makes you feel better." you pause to suppress your giggles. "Of course, I can also talk about how incredible attractive you look when you give smart comments-"

"I get it!" interrupting you, he pulls his head back — an adorable blush forming on his cheeks.

You laugh and peck his lips lovingly. "You can continue reading."

"Sure? I can lie in bed with you."

"I'm sure. I'm the one laying on you, so I should ask you that." you murmur into his shoulder blade and let your hand wander up his slim torso.

"I don't mind." he presses a kiss to your hair and pulls you closer to his chest. Placing his head on yours and breathing in your scent, he continues to read. You start yawning loudly again and nuzzle your face against the spot under his chin while peacefully closing your eyes.