A Cliché (Levi x Reader)✨

Humming peacefully, you sew up the hole in your uniform while Aline, your comrade, sits down next to you tensely.

"Now tell me, (y/n), what is it like to date the captain?" she asks for the hundredth time and wiggles her eyebrows playfully. She has always had such a supernaturally curious personality, which is funny and yet deterrent at the same time.

"There's not much to say, Ali." you shake your head with a giggle. "It's a quiet relationship, but still pleasant, you know."

She frowns.

You sigh and pull a different colored thread through the needle. You don't like to talk about your relationship with Levi, knowing that he is a very private person and how uncomfortable he would feel if someone not close to him knew the details of his love life. Most soldiers, whether cadets or higher ranks, know that he cares a lot about his comrades, but that doesn't change the fact that he still has to keep his reputation. If people knew what a sweet man the captain actually was, they might lose hope in him. Not that Levi cared about their opinion – it's silly, to be honest.

But he couldn't let his guard down. He had to be strong for humanity.

"You're not going to tell me anything, are you?" Aline gets up and puts her book away.

You laugh. "It's already quite late. I'm going to bed." you get up from your cozy spot on the couch and walk to the door.

"Alone?"

"Good night, Ali." with a smile on your face, you quietly make your way through the hallways to Levi's bedroom. The sun has long since set and only a few cadets are still awake, as everyone should be well rested every morning for the hard training sessions.

When you arrive at the right room, you open the door and close it with a click behind you, grinning when you see your boyfriend sitting on his chair. Yawning, you walk up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. Levi was so focused on his work that he didn't hear you come in. He startles and looks at you perplexed.

"Back already?" he asks, looking at sheet of paper again. You nod and take off your jacket, put it on his couch and walk behind Levi's chair to massage his tense shoulders.

"Why are you still working? It's late. Come to bed." you run your hands over his chest from behind and rest your head on his. You press a kiss against the nape of his neck and draw circles over his covered skin with your index finger as you inhale his familiar scent. Your boyfriend pauses in his movement and stares at the wooden table. You are so close.

"I have to finish this," he mumbles, trying to refocus.

Levi is still not used to your affection, which he probably never will be, since he has never had such an experience before. Romance, physical and emotional attraction, being in love and everything that goes with it – all of this still overwhelms him even after months in your relationship. He was constantly nervous, hesitant and frustrated.

He was so infatuated with you that it was difficult for him to keep his composure around you. Your kisses make him dizzy, your hand in his hair and on his thigh drives him crazy over and over again. Just the slightest touch from you made him feel loved and cared for. It was these small gestures that he never thought he needed. And now that he has them, he longs for them consistently. The problem is just that he never knows how to ask for your affection.

You wrap an arm around his shoulders and sit on his lap.

"You can do that another day. Come on, I'm tired." you play with the ends of his undercut and look at him pleadingly.

Levi has always been someone who had to finish everything before he could relax or take care of himself. He was so incredibly stubborn, which could be quite annoying, but since you were stubborn as well, you understood him. Still, you wanted to dissuade him from working so much.